Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How am I suppose to deal!!

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:34 AM
  • 8 Replies

So ok I really need to vent! My mother in  law is staying with us until she finds a new place! She has only been here for 2 nights but I already want her to leave! My house is clutterd, her dog is very mean and bites. I have a golden who doesnt hurt a fly and he has to hide from this stupid little ass dog! I hate coming home to her! Who wants to come home to their mother in law! I mean sure there are some cases where you may love to have them around all the time, but not me! I cant do anything without her following me around the house. She told us last night she is using our po box , so shes changed her address to ours..so its like ok how long do u plan on staying here? I know I may be over reacting but im a little over five months pregnant my hormones are wack..I cried in the shower this morning, cried blowdrying my hair even! I had to clean out the baby's room so she can use that, im worried she will be here to long and I wont be able to finish the baby's room..and ugh i have all these "worse case" ideas running through my head. I know its not good to stress bc of the baby and I really am trying but any, ANY advice on how to deal with this would be great!! There vent over..Thanks!

* I forgot to mention that the first night she was there her dog attacked my dog and bc of it the dog ran into me and I fell!! I was so mad!! I have been so careful to try and not fall!*

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Rach7
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:36 AM

Don't blame you that would get on my nerves. Won't she help you out in anything you are doing? She should contribute in some manner.

YvonnesMommy
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:40 AM
U poor thing... I'm not pregnant and I wouldn't be coping well at all. If it were me, I would give dh 1 wk to find other arangements for HIS mom, or him and his mom would be out on the street. But I've never liked his mom... I think u need to sit dh down and start making plans about his mom.

*hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ginnyk87
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:46 AM
No, your not overreacting at all! I would hate having my mil live with me too! I lived with her for 3 months and it was all I could take! I would tell her she needs to find a place for her dog to stay because your dog was there first even if she has to board him. I would sit her down and let her know what the rules are. I would tell her you need some privacy and if she doesn't like it she can leave!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
young_mommat
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:04 AM
I would sit your dh down and let him know that her being there is really stressing you out. So there for she has only a few wks to find some other living arrangements. I would also make HER dog go somewhere else in the mean time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stinson90
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:09 AM

I love my mother in law but if she was like that I would be hell to no she can go somewhere else my husband and I have a strict no relative can live was us policy unless they contribute in some manner or they can go stay with another family member. Especially if I'm pregnant and I have to clean out MY baby's room no freakin way would my husband allow that. and tell her to put that damn dog outside or in a freakin kennel and go buy a mussel for it. I mean come on now your PREGNANT she should show a little sympathy.

doulala
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:02 PM

woah, she's gotta go!

:- /

Is your SO aware of these issues?
When she said until I find a new place, did she say she'd be actively looking?

nikkilm_17
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:18 PM

Yes she is looking! I have told my SO about it and he just keeps telling me "babe she wont be here long, it will be ok" He does not get why I am so stressed, it doesnt bother him that much, typical man i suppose! LOL As far as the dog issue..I dont even know where to begin on that! I do know I will start leaving my dog upstairs while I am at work bc I dont want my dog to start getting mean bc of her dog. He hasnt yet but I figure the longer he's around her dog maybe it will start to where off..I cant have that with a baby on the way.

JJC_
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:21 PM

I wouldn't be able to handle my MIL staying at my house! Especially with her her dogs! I would be out of my mind. You have to get her out! Talk to hubby about how this is affecting your mental health & potentially baby's physical health. This stress is not good for either of you! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)