Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did you find your OB/midwife?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:26 AM
  • 13 Replies

How did you find your OB/midwife?

On the internet, talking to other mommas, luck, etc...????

Due in October? Join us in October 2011 Babies!  

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sparklebug86
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:28 AM

For my first, I went by his name LOL

For my second, it was a referral since I was on medicaid at the time.

glitterwings
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:50 AM

My mom used to be his nurse. He also delivered me :)

CjEmmemommy
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:56 AM

We were moving to Texas when I was 8 weeks pregnant so I did a google search for midwifes close (the week I found out).. I called a couple and asked questions.

The one I liked the best agreed to meet with me when I got to town. I already loved her and hadn't even met her. When we showed up at her birth center she came around the corner and said Erica? I knew from her accent it was my midwife and when I stood she gave me a huge hug!!

I was sold, she was to be my midwife and is now a friend!!

Erica

naumann24
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:07 AM

my ob was actually someone my mom had seen for her woman stuff. I loved how he talked and cared and took care of her through her surgery and such. so when I found out i was preggo I called him up and he has been my ob for every pregnancy now. I love my ob and all of his staff and wouldnt trade him for anything in the world.

JaimieLynn8
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:33 AM
It was my MIL's OB. He delivered my DH and BIL, and will have delivered both our boys. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rach7
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:34 AM

I saw my OB was the best rated Doctor by other Doctors. He was number one in the central OH area.

ArmyWifeAshlie
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:35 AM
For my first OB i went based on a recommendation and insurance. Then he was awful so I switched to the ONLY OB in our town at the time. He's wonderful, so wonderful now we live 45-1hr away and I still drive to see him for this pregnancy :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:47 AM

With my first, it was my gyno that suggested my first midwife. My second was with a Dr. I had to just find what Dr's my insurance would cover and what kind of Dr I was looking for. I knew I did not want an OB. So I went with a family Dr. With my third I called my Doula and asked for midwifes and go the most wonderful midwife ever.

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:22 PM

I found my midwife (baby 4) online at Birth Partners.

http://birthpartners.com/

My first 3 OB's were just a crap shoot through my insurance coverage.  Baby 2 and 3 I changed my OBs many times.

Welcoming our 6th baby, 3rd home birth and 1st unassisted birth on 2-10-10.

Excited about...

PrettyHotMamma
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:51 PM
My best friend suggested me to her doctor who delivered her daughter so I went in for jus one visit n instantly loved her n the nurses that wrk there n that's how I found her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)