Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

scared of c-section...

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:55 AM
  • 31 Replies

I know I am being a baby about this... but the thought of major surgery like a c-sections scares me! 

I had two vaginal births with no complications with my other two children.  Was diagnosed with complete placenta previa and an 80% chance of needing a c-section at my 20 week ultrasound.  Had another ultrasound yesterday (at 28 weeks) and my placenta has not moved at all!  It is still centered over my cervix!  Baby is also breach, but that does not really matter if I have to have a c-section anyway due to complete placenta previa.  :-(  I was told that with it still centered over my cervix at 28 weeks there is NO WAY it will move enough now!  I will have to have my first c-section. 

I know that this is what is necessary, and best for baby.  Me and my doctor are both hoping that I can make it to at least 37 weeks then do a c-section because the farther along I get, the bigger baby gets, and there is a higher risk of the placenta tearing in it's current position.  This means blood transfusion for me and is dangerous for baby. 

Please... anyone who has had a c-section... tell me it really isn't THAT BAD! 

Proud wife, and mama of 2 boys.

expecting girl  kitetoddler boy

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angela.bouchard
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:31 AM

lol well a lot of people will tell you differently.. but it really isn't all that bad.. i recovered very quickly. my inner incisions took a few months but other than that i was up and moving around again after a week (i had a lot of other problems too) just try not to do too much too quickly afterward.. good luck :)

momof3ttc
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:33 AM

For me, My planned c section was easier and less painful (recovery and all) than my vaginal birth. but most wemon will tell you its worse, alot of the ones who are so against them, have never had one. :)

sparklebug86
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:36 AM

oh I havent had a c-section but, I know how you feel. Try to remember this, thousands of women have c-sections (planned and unscheduled) and they get through them no problems.

What is your biggest fear? Is it the possibility of feeling them cut you open? Thats my biggest fear.

athenaheim
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:37 AM
I didn't see mine as that bad. I will admit I cried before I went to have it but all in all it wasn't bad. I will be having a repeat. No chance of me having a vbac.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:41 AM

I have never had a c-section before, but here is a bump for you.  You are going to do great!  I have a friend who has have five c-section, and she has done fabulous.  She said they are so good at walking her through each step of it.

Jonathan101909
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:44 AM
Your csection is going to be great hun. I had mine October 19th 2009. Pain is very manageable. I had mine because ultrasound said my son was too big. Indeed he was! 9lbs11oz at 39 weeks. If you want, message me. Ill tell more and show you my scar, if you want.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluestarr80
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:04 AM

My C-Section was not planned and because it was not what I was expecting, I had no time to get used to the idea.

You are lucky you have time to research what it's going to be like and even watch some C-Sections on those birth shows. The staff was very sweet to me and calmed my fears.

Recovery does take longer than a vaginal delivery so make sure you have help lined up for a couple of weeks.

bcbmami
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:10 AM

I didn't think mine was bad at all. I didn't have time to think about it as it was an emergency c/s. It didn't take that long to recover, and it was what was best for my baby and I. If I hadn't had one, then neither one of us would be here. I'm sure you will do fine and everything will be great. Good Luck, Mama!

mommy2boyz143
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:11 AM

I will be having my third c section in 2 weeks! My first one was hard to recover from but I had labor beforehand.. the second one wasnt as bad but there is a recovery period.. and it hurts getting up from bed alot! I am nervous this time also just because I know I am going to come home and have to care for myself, the new baby and my 4 and 2 year old boys!

YOU will be fine! Just make sure u have extra help around the house and with cooking and stuff for a few weeks so you can recover and rest!

XOXOnBubbles
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:20 AM

Quoting mommy2boyz143:

I will be having my third c section in 2 weeks! My first one was hard to recover from but I had labor beforehand.. the second one wasnt as bad but there is a recovery period.. and it hurts getting up from bed alot! I am nervous this time also just because I know I am going to come home and have to care for myself, the new baby and my 4 and 2 year old boys!

YOU will be fine! Just make sure u have extra help around the house and with cooking and stuff for a few weeks so you can recover and rest!

I have two boys ages 2yrs and 4yrs old also! 

Proud wife, and mama of 2 boys.

expecting girl  kitetoddler boy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)