Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ONE BORN EVERY MINUTE is making me feel better about my repeat C Section!!!

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:55 AM
  • 28 Replies

i watched last nights and last weeks episodes last night and was a little excited about not having to go through that!. My biggest regret is not having that vaginal birth experience where they pull out the baby after you have worked so hard and lay the baby on your bare chest, etc. etc. C Sections are so boring, uneventful and unemotional! BUT last night i said so many times..."so glad i dont have to do THAT!!!" and "I dont have to worry about THAT happening!!!" Im not knocking vaginal births by any means!!! Im just trying to get myself excited about a repeat CS and last night really helped!!!

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doulala
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:03 AM

I haven't seen that show (I am glad for you to feel better of course) but geez that show sounds really lame, hyping up interventions and discouraging safer-natural routes.

:-(

mem82
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:07 AM

lol There definitely perks to C sections that vaginal births don't have. I wouldn't suggest c sections just for fun but they are a lot less messy and sweaty! 8) LOL

MultiPara
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:08 AM

I <3 that show. 

MultiPara
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:12 AM

I dont like the C section rate, but its what they are taught, so I dont blame the nurse staff.

Halensmommy
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:13 AM

Quoting doulala:

I haven't seen that show (I am glad for you to feel better of course) but geez that show sounds really lame, hyping up interventions and discouraging safer-natural routes.

actually you will be happy to know that i see them as being more of an advocate. One nurse was strongly trying to remind one mom that she didnt want drugs and encouraged her to labor on her hands and knees and even let her get up and into a shower after her water broke AND she had an IV! which most hospitals wont let you get up at all!!! It really depends on the nurse they feature that night but that is with any hospital. I really wish i could go vaginal but its just too dangerous for my baby girl. :(

young_mommat
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:14 AM
Ive never seen it. But Im glad it helped you feel better! :D Im really nervous about labor/delivery.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rach7
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:15 AM

I agree to that one nurse did say that. The other nurse told the woman that had the birth plan that she was so close to delivering that she may not want to get the epidural because it was not in her plan. But the mom said she wanted to get one. So the nurse said okay.

Quoting Halensmommy:

Quoting doulala:

actually you will be happy to know that i see them as being more of an advocate. One nurse was strongly trying to remind one mom that she didnt want drugs and encouraged her to labor on her hands and knees and even let her get up and into a shower after her water broke AND she had an IV! which most hospitals wont let you get up at all!!! It really depends on the nurse they feature that night but that is with any hospital. I really wish i could go vaginal but its just too dangerous for my baby girl. :(

doulala
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:26 PM

Ahh!
It would be great to have a nice balance...
I TOTALLY understand editing and sponsored programming and the need to dramatize, but with this subject in particular I am very concerned that women are seeing interventions normalized.     :-(

Quoting Rach7:

I agree to that one nurse did say that. The other nurse told the woman that had the birth plan that she was so close to delivering that she may not want to get the epidural because it was not in her plan. But the mom said she wanted to get one. So the nurse said okay.

Quoting Halensmommy:

Quoting doulala:

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change. -Mongan

seraphimsong
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:30 PM

Last nights wasn't too bad! It was just kinda scary because one of the mothers had the baby stuck in the birth canal and all the nurses and the midwife were trying to get baby out and they were on the bed and it was just crazy! Even one of the nurses mentioned to mom that she made them all work on that one!! But overall, everyone stuck to their birth plans I think and and the nurses/midwife were respectful of that.

Quoting doulala:

Ahh!
It would be great to have a nice balance...
I TOTALLY understand editing and sponsored programming and the need to dramatize, but with this subject in particular I am very concerned that women are seeing interventions normalized.     :-(

Quoting Rach7:

Quoting Halensmommy:

Quoting doulala:

While we try to teach our kids about life, our kids teach us what life is all about!

nucking_futs
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:30 PM

What channel is this on? I keep seeing* alot about it but have never seen it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)