Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sacred and filled with dispointment..."long"

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:59 AM
  • 19 Replies
I had a midwife to start out with I was going to have a home waterbirth. During my 20 wk ultrasound they found out my baby has a heart defect. I have been moved to a high risk obyn. Now I have to deliver at a hospital with a nicu. They even told me I might not be able to hold him. He is going to be transferred to a childrens hospital after he is born. I so told I could have a natural birth if everything look good but I'm so sarced of something going wrong with my or my baby. Thanks needed to let that out..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
young_mommat
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:03 AM
Aw hun, try to stay positive. It will all work out. *HUGS*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rach7
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:03 AM

I am sorry. Good luck and I hope everything goes well for you. Praying for you!

mommy2boyz143
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:04 AM

Sorry to hear that! i hope everythign wroks out for you!

Sweet_Britt
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:05 AM

Best of luck to you!!!!!

MommaBoop922
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:07 AM

Im sorry :(  I hope that everything goes well in the hospital when you do give birth! Ill keep you and your baby in my prayers and it sounds like they are getting ready ahead of time and just preparing you for whatever they need to do to keep you and your baby safe so just keep communicating with them and hopefully it will all be okay! 

Hugs! 

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:11 AM

((hugs))  I hope everything goes smoothly with the birth and your little one.  Will say a prayer that it does for you.

Momy2beAUG.2009
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:24 AM

oh man, that is hard news to hear.  I am sorry you are having to deal with that.  I hope everything goes well. 

sparklebug86
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:27 AM

What kind of heart defect is it? If you dont mind me asking

The good news about delivering at a hospital, is that if there is an emergency while giving birth, they can switch to C-section mode in 90 seconds and have that baby out before the situation gets worse! In your situation, I would suggest making sure that you are extremely comfortable with your OB. Find out their history and you can even ask the nurses at the hospital they have privelages at. The nurses are usually more than willing to share their experiences with you.

twinmommy2010
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:48 AM
Double inlet left ventricle and coarctation of the aorta

Quoting sparklebug86:

What kind of heart defect is it? If you dont mind me asking

The good news about delivering at a hospital, is that if there is an emergency while giving birth, they can switch to C-section mode in 90 seconds and have that baby out before the situation gets worse! In your situation, I would suggest making sure that you are extremely comfortable with your OB. Find out their history and you can even ask the nurses at the hospital they have privelages at. The nurses are usually more than willing to share their experiences with you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twinmommy2010
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:48 AM
Thank you all!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)