Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you buying baby a new car seat?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:45 AM
  • 25 Replies

Are you buying baby a new car seat?

Or, are you using a car seat from one of your previous children?

Due in October? Join us in October 2011 Babies!  

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Keiras_Mom07
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:46 AM
We have to buy a new one, my 4 yr old still uses hers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaLiv22

Already bought a new one. The one from my DD had been a hand-me-down, and we got rid of it when she was done using it (the infant car seat.)

IAmPregnant Ticker

Barbiedoll137

I am buying a new one this time, I used the last one with 2 babies already

mommaoftwo
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:48 AM

well carseats expire every 5-6 years, but my youngest is 2, so we will be using the infant carseat, granted we purchased it with this baby in mind too lol.

MultiPara
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:52 AM

New one :0)

calilove33
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:56 AM
We had to buy another one. I'm happy that we did though. This time around we know more about what we like and don't like and safety. We were clueless as first time parents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof3ttc
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:59 AM

I had a new one with dd and used it with first ds, then got rid of it,,, and got a hand me down for second ds, after he got too big for it, I loaned it to my cousin and since it still had a few years on it, I gave it to my other cousin who REALLY needed it, that carseat literally went from baby to baby and didnt go over a month out of use LOL! And so that left us without one,, and I was able to talk hubby into a brand new travel system :)) when he gets bigger tho, he will use the one my ds2 is using right now :))

bcbmami
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:01 PM

We are trying to buy a new one! We can't find one we like and I'm starting to freak out! We have 15 days until she is going to be born! The one we got for DS doesn't have a base and is a pain in the butt! Plus, it's a boy one. We borrowed one from my sister that has the base and is gender neutral so we might end up using that one until we can find a "girly" one that we like for DD! Hopefully, we can find one this weekend!

XOXOnBubbles
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:05 PM

We are using the one we had for our last baby.  He is 2yrs old now.  The seat is still in great condition, never been in an accident, not expired etc.

If we had the money I would LOVE to buy a new Chico Keyfit, or Safety 1st Onboard for this baby though!  :-P

Rach7
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:06 PM

First baby so new everything :D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)