Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Drugs, epi, etc.

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:58 AM
  • 35 Replies

Will you be getting the epidural right away, or any drugs for the pain during delivery? Or will you wait as long as possible or just go without?

I will be getting the epi as soon as they will give it to me, and any drugs they will give me for pain. In fact, I can't wait for the epi, last time, it made me birthing experience so wonderful. I just hope I make it to the hospital in time for this one! Before I got it, I was literally throwing up every hour from the pain, my body does not handle pain well, and everything they gave me didn't really work. Once I got the epi, I took a nap, during labor! lol, and then just pushed for 15 min.

IAmPregnant Ticker

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rebekahmuse
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:59 AM

Can they go ahead and give me the epi now? LOL.

pregnancy week by week
Rach7
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:00 PM

Yeah I want to get it as soon as possible.

clasater
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:02 PM

no drugs whatsoever for me. i love the experience, every minute of it.

mem82
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:03 PM

I've decided to go natural this time around. My first two kids, I had beautiful epidurals. The third I had a bad reaction to the epi so I went natural. Honestly, labor was awesome pain free but recovery was easier going natural. I'm hoping I don't wimp out half way through labor. I'm going to try to avoid the pitocin so that should help. 8)

MamaLiv22
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:05 PM

I never had the pitocin, but I've heard it's very painful, I'm not planning on doing that either this pregnancy, lol.

Quoting mem82:

I've decided to go natural this time around. My first two kids, I had beautiful epidurals. The third I had a bad reaction to the epi so I went natural. Honestly, labor was awesome pain free but recovery was easier going natural. I'm hoping I don't wimp out half way through labor. I'm going to try to avoid the pitocin so that should help. 8)

ash50
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:05 PM
I plan to see how it goes. i got to 8 cm last time befor I had the epi. And that was with contractions thst were overlapping eachother for my whole labor. If i have normal contractions with a break inbetween them I probably wont use pain meds. If they are overlapping eachother I will be getting my epi asap!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sofia0587
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:22 PM
In the beginning of the pregnancy I was all about the drugs I wanted them now lol but for some reason when I hit 28 weeks I suddenly decided I want to go natural I don't know why but that's what I'm going to attempt. Wish me luck hahaha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stinson90
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:26 PM

I want to try an go drug free on my second. My family may think I'm crazy but I just want to experience everything during labor.

melly726
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:27 PM
No drugs for me. I didn't it once so I hope to do it again!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyof0210
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:30 PM

i plan to go natural with this one but who knows what will happen i wanted to go natural with my daughter but while i did get an epi i got a low low dose so i could feel most of it just the contractions were less painfull

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)