Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*UPDATE* Finger problem question, I think Im going to urgent care, but I just wanted to ask....

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:09 PM
  • 21 Replies

Okay, so about three months before I got pregnant I had alot of pain in my ring finger. I thought it was because of my wedding ring, so I stopped wearing it.. well the pain never stopped and now I have a big hard ball lump thing on the right of my finger ABOVE the joint that is really painful to the touch. I am unable to bend my finger without pain and I cant grip anything with that hand anymore... The lump has doubled in size the past two weeks so I  called my doc and they said I need to go to urgent care for a x ray.

I was just wondering if any of you expirienced this while pregnant. THANKS!

So I went to the doctors on saturday and They found out that it is a tumor on my nerve called a Neuroma. I will be meeting with the hand surgeon this week to schedule surgery and set up physical therapy.

WAHHH. I just hate how something always goes wrong when you think everything is going right. Thanks for all your support ladies!

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bcbmami
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:10 PM

BUMP!

mem82
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:11 PM

Hmmm, no, I haven't.  Good luck!

Rach7
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:12 PM

Nope

Rach7

BUMP!

mom2ellasophia

I just want to make sure its not a stupid pregnancy thing before I go in. Also, I should mention my finger isnt swollen, it just has a big lump. so wierd.

ash50
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:14 PM
I haven't, hope you can get it fixed though! That sounds painful!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melly726
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:17 PM
I haven't but pregnancy can speed up the growth of growths on the body which maybe why it has gotten bigger. Could be just a cyst.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2ellasophia
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:18 PM

oh dear, are cysts painful?

Quoting melly726:

I haven't but pregnancy can speed up the growth of growths on the body which maybe why it has gotten bigger. Could be just a cyst.

mommyof0210
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:22 PM

bump id call the docs and see what they say good luck hope all goes well

foreverhis69
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:25 PM

I have a cyst on my right wrist. I has surgery a few years ago (I had to be put to sleep because the cyst was so deep and down in my nerves). They removed it but it's came back :( Mine doesn't bother me as much..and surgery went well and didn't have any problems. So some cysts can be painful..and some don't bother you at all. Just depends. My dad & sister also have a cyst on the right wrist and theirs has never bothered them..just mine. Weird. 

Quoting mom2ellasophia:

oh dear, are cysts painful?

Quoting melly726:

**Mrs. Calhoun**

Husband = Troy 9.2.10
<3 The love of my life. <3

Caleb 2.7.08 & Kaitlyn 12.6.10 
<3 The most wonderful children. <3
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)