Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think I'm getting this!

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:34 PM
  • 20 Replies

Ok So I have a friend who almost lost her daughter when shew as a few months old to SIDS. This was after I had my daughter so now I'm concerned. I have been researching these "breathing mats" and I think I am going to get one as using the other recommended precautions recommended to promote safety during that time period. Anywho, here a picture and a link to the place an amazon. I really recommend really those parent reviews at the bottom of the page!!!

Do any you have it and have any thoughts on it?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000E262S/ref=s9_simh_gw_p75_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1BA3GPED02PNPFHNRCQA&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:35 PM

I know someone who had one that kept giving false alarms but I don't know anything else about it. I'm glad your friend's baby is ok.

MommyKelleyX3
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:46 PM

I dont know anyone who has used one, but Ive heard of them.  Seems like a neat idea!

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:51 PM

I had it with my first child.  It didnt give me too many false alarms (but I would rather have a false alarm than not..so it didnt bother me so much).  The only trouble is it is a little hard to install (but do able).  Also, you cant have it everywhere..for example, if you have a bassinet, crib, etc...  I would still highly recommend it though.  With this next baby, I plan on using this:

http://www.amazon.com/Snuza-Halo-Baby-Movement-Monitor/dp/B002ITOC7S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1299088130&sr=8-1

Apparenltly, it clips on the baby's diaper and will vibrate if baby isnt breathing for 15 seconds..then alarm at 20 seconds.

JJC_
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:54 PM

We're going to use the Angelcare 2P Movement and Sound Monitor Deluxe this time! My aunt had one for her preemie to make sure she was breathing. We're using one because we're putting the baby in his crib in his brother's room right away so he won't be right next to me.

athenaheim
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:56 PM

Quoting MommyKelleyX3:

I dont know anyone who has used one, but Ive heard of them.  Seems like a neat idea!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:13 PM
I've never tried one. I don't even have a regular old monitor. We live in an old house and I can hear everything anyways.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sparklebug86
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:16 PM

We intended to get it for our son who was our first but we never did. We followed the recommendations of removing the bumper pads etc.

Ohio.SAHMof2
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:42 PM
I've never tried it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sonylena
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:53 PM

I read the reviews for this one and some parents were saying they had a hard time getting it to connect/stay connected to the diaper. But I mean I'll take a false alarm over no alarm!! So glad that we live in an age where we can these things!

Quoting meam4444:

I had it with my first child.  It didnt give me too many false alarms (but I would rather have a false alarm than not..so it didnt bother me so much).  The only trouble is it is a little hard to install (but do able).  Also, you cant have it everywhere..for example, if you have a bassinet, crib, etc...  I would still highly recommend it though.  With this next baby, I plan on using this:

http://www.amazon.com/Snuza-Halo-Baby-Movement-Monitor/dp/B002ITOC7S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1299088130&sr=8-1

Apparenltly, it clips on the baby's diaper and will vibrate if baby isnt breathing for 15 seconds..then alarm at 20 seconds.

evansmommy03
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:54 PM

I have heard of them but I don't know anyone who has ever used one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)