Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any advice or experience mommas out there?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:22 PM
  • 5 Replies

I have question concerning breakouts/acne during pregnancy...

Any recommendations on helpful face washes for oily/acne prone skin?

Also have any of you tried or used Phisoderm AntiBlemish Gel Facial Wash wih success?

Any response would be great!

Have a lovely day:)

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
evansmommy03
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:08 PM

My doctor told me to avoid anything that was made specifically for acne.  You are supposed to avoid salicylic acid when pregnant and that tends to be a main ingredient in acne washes I guess.  I have just been using a mild cleanser from Avon and a moisturizing face cream from Sephora.  The breakouts seemed to ease up after the first trimester for me.

Rach7
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:09 PM

Same as the PP. You are to avoid certain things for your face. I really have found nothing to really help me out during pregnancy. My breakouts are not near as bad since I am 4 months now.

mem82
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:10 PM

I use St. Ives Apricot scrub and that really keeps things under control. 8)

chamelinmom
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:13 PM

the only thing i would say is check your soap, your skin because of the highten in hormones could become sensitive

abra
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:33 PM
My skin is actually happier when I'm pregnant, but I get mild acne when I'm not. It really depends on what kind of skin you have, but mine is combination skin. I wash it with soap in the morning and at night with a wash cloth. I use a light moisturizer on it under my mineral makeup (makes a big difference for me!) during the day and a very heavy moisturizer on it at night. I try to go tanning for about 5-10 minutes once a month, too, and that helps. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)