Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Couldn't hear the heartbeat (Update)

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:29 PM
  • 40 Replies

I am 12 weeks and had my first OB appointment today. My doctor couldn't find the heartbeat so she is sending me in for an ultrasound later today. I'm not too worried because I have a lot of belly fat and my old OB always had trouble finding my daughters heartbeat. But at the same time I'm kind of wondering if something could be wrong. Anyone else not able to hear the heartbeat but have a healthy baby?

Update: Just got back from my ultra sound. The baby has a heartbeat of 170 and was moving around great. I am measuring right at 12 weeks which surprised me because I could have sworn I didn't get pregnant until a week later. So anyway. Thank you all for your support and I'll add the ultrasound picture and a shot of our proud big sister.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ISAIAHMOM632007
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:32 PM
With my.son and daughter I have a little belly. Both turned out good, baby is still kinda small. Good luck don't worry to much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kory0612
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:32 PM
I had the same with all 4 of mine they are all just fine. Good luck:)
amylou111
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:33 PM

Hope all is well! Update us when you get back from the ultrasound!

3boysngirl
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:35 PM

it took the doctor 16 weeks to hear the heart beat but everytime i got an ultra sound just to see the little bean its normal

angeleyes16
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:36 PM

At 12 weeks it took a long time for the ob to find it, and when she did it was very hard to hear.

sparklebug86
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:36 PM

Im guessing they didnt do an U/S? I wouldnt worry about it, the U/S will show you the heartbeat.

MultiPara
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:37 PM

I bought my own fetal doppler ( a hospital grade one ) and I look at the heart beat daily. I am pretty thin though & sometimes it can take about 5 mins to locate the heart beat. I wouldnt be too worried if I were you, I would be excited for the ultrasound though! I am 12.5 weeks now and started hearing the heart beat on 2\25 when my fetal doppler came in the mail.

Kenre
With Lump he was just in a position that they couldn't find it until closer to 20 weeks.

Don't stress. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
baileysmommy06

Quoting amylou111:

Hope all is well! Update us when you get back from the ultrasound!

doulala
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:38 PM

Yes!
:-)
Well we didn't really listen for a while because it was so early, althrough we'd try.    Using the fetoscope is a little harder to hear so it can be closer to half-way through...
:- /

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)