Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Whose easier to potty train boys or girls?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:56 PM
  • 22 Replies

My friend tried to tell me that a doctor told her girls are harder to potty train than boys because they are stubborn and I told her my mama told me I had it down in a week and she told me that was a lie no way a girl can be potty trained in a week. When I was growing up I was told boys are harder because if they have to potty while they are playing that will just continue playing. So I don't know what your view??

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:58 PM

I bet it really depends on the child. In my experience, girls were easier. They've always trained before 2 1/2. But, I have a friend whose daughter wasn't trained until 4, completely.

Stinson90
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:04 PM

I've been told to do the whole pretty panties thing. Where you buy the panties and tell her " you don't want to mess up your pretty panties do you? If you do you wear a diaper again." or something to that effect. Whats the best time to potty train my lil girl?

Quoting mem82:

I bet it really depends on the child. In my experience, girls were easier. They've always trained before 2 1/2. But, I have a friend whose daughter wasn't trained until 4, completely.

mem82
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:16 PM

LOL My mom loves to tell the story of me potty training. My aunt bought me panties with lace ruffles on the butt when I was 18 months old. Mom told me only big girls who go in the potty can wear them. I guess I train completely in a month! She said she was so sick of diapers (I was number 4) that she was desperate to get me to potty train as soon as possible.

I, personally, potty trained my daughter using MM's. She showed interest at 20 months but honestly didn't really get the hang of it until she was 26-27 months. Any time she went I made a huge deal out of it and gave her MM's. It worked fairly quickly. I used MM's with my son but he didn't show any interest until he was almost 3. 

Quoting Stinson90:

I've been told to do the whole pretty panties thing. Where you buy the panties and tell her " you don't want to mess up your pretty panties do you? If you do you wear a diaper again." or something to that effect. Whats the best time to potty train my lil girl?

Quoting mem82:

Stinson90
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:22 PM

my daughters favorite place to hangout when I give her run of the house is the bathroom she loves pulling herself up on the toliet and banging on it. So I think she will be fairly easy to train.

mom_to_kenzie
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:22 PM

i've heard boys are harder to potty train....but i've only had experience with my dd....we waited until she told us she was ready (and she had night trained herself about 6 months earlier), which was around 27 months, and she had it down in two days, with no accidents...we've been accident free and panty wearing ever since. lol

i do expect to have a harder time when the bun in the oven hits time to start training. anything would be considered harder when we had it so easy with kenzie! lol

young_mommat
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:25 PM
I think it depends on the child. My goddaughter is 3 and still has an accident here n there. Her mom made a sticker chart. And does highfives when she goes all day with no accidents. Its so cute cuz Lilli (my goddaughter) will come up and say "No pee pee pants today! Can I have a highfive AND a sticker?" lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stinson90
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:30 PM

thats sweet. I want another baby but my mom said not to because since i had it easy with lexi the next one will be hard...lol

JazzysWifey
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:35 PM
I think it depends on the child. But I did read a study that said girls were easier because it's usually mom who does the training and we have the same "equipment".

Being trained in a week is not a lie, we did the 3 day method and my daughter was trained in a week
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stinson90
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:37 PM

What is the 3 day method??

Quoting JazzysWifey:

I think it depends on the child. But I did read a study that said girls were easier because it's usually mom who does the training and we have the same "equipment".

Being trained in a week is not a lie, we did the 3 day method and my daughter was trained in a week

JazzysWifey
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:47 PM
http://www.3daypottytraining.com/

Quoting Stinson90:

What is the 3 day method??

Quoting JazzysWifey:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)