Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Light spotting and low back ache..8 weeks preggers!

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:23 PM
  • 5 Replies

So I had some spotting back on the week of valentines day week, I went to hospital and they saw a sac and fetal pole but no heartbeat, they said it was too soon to see a heartbeat. I was 5wks 6 days. so I stopped spotting a week later (Pinkish/light red with Clear CM) and now yesterday I wiped and once again it was there again. I am afraid that I may have miscarried and my body has not yet released the baby or that I will miscarry. I have NOT seen any more spotting today but why in the world would this happen again unless it's something bad. I have my first Midwife app on March 17 and waiting till then seem like a eternity! I have yet to confirm a healthy baby with blood test or ultrasound. I am sad and worried . any advise? Oh yeah I have a mild but COnstant low back pain and my lower abdomen is cramping mild but I can feel it.

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ashleytn428
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:28 PM

I was spotting from 5-6 weeks and it stopped like you described, and then I was spotting again at 9-10 weeks. I started freaking out also, because I have had 3 miscarriages, but this one stuck! Just try not to freak out until the Dr. tells you to worry. I know it's hard to do. Good luck!

abra
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:29 PM
I spotted and cramped lightly for the first several weeks of my last pregnancy. The baby was born healthy at full term. Good luck! Try not to worry. ((hugs))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:43 PM

Oh hun..with my first and second pregnancies, I spotted early on off and on with cramps and low back pain, and everything turned out well with those pregnancies.  I started telling myself I was just seeing things because when I went in, everything checked out okay.  So, stay positive.  Could you call your midwife and see if you get in sooner?  Good luck!  ((hugs))

Rach7
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:46 PM

It can be normal for spotting to happen. I had it  around 8 weeks then 12 and 13. I had back pain in my first trimester too. Try not to worry too much. If you feel there is a problem go to the hospital.

cristina0709
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:50 PM
Spotting can be normal sometimes. Especially after sex. If this is your 2nd or more pregnancy the cramping can just be your uterus growibg.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)