Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

afraid to ask....

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:47 PM
  • 21 Replies
Has any one ever been afraid to ask your doctor something bc u didn't want to seem stupid or cause u were just to shy or any other reason? Lol

I ask this because I want to ask about possibly getting my membranes stripped bc I'm emotionally physically and mentally ready! I will be 40 weeks saturday and I'm just ready and he has said the baby is ready and very healthy so I think y not? But I'm kind nervous about asking! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:49 PM

Look at it this way. You're almost done needing him as your doctor until the next time you get pregnant so even if he thought it was dumb, which he won't, you won't being seeing much of him anyway. 8) Hang in there, you're at the final stretch! 8) Good luck!

jparker289
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:50 PM
He gets asked the same thing everyday!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sexyfox09
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:51 PM
FYI having your membranes broke is painful
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rach7
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:51 PM

Nope if I had a question to ask and did not have an answer I would ask them. They should never make you feel stupid for asking them something. They are there for that reason.

sparklebug86
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:56 PM

dont be afraid to ask. Maybe just say something like "a friend mentioned to me that she had her membranes stripped" and I was wondering about that or something like that :)

JJC_
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:58 PM

They've heard many stupid questions. Having them sweep your membranes is not a stupid question. They do it all the time! No worries!

joledalynn

Maybe your afraid of being shot down?  Its not gonna hurt to ask.  That way you can get a step of going into labor a lil sooner and witha  lil help.  I dont see why he would say no but really thats the worst he can say is no.  I hope you ask!!!  Good luck

evansmommy03

I am not afraid to ask my doctor for things I figure what I have to pay to go there I might as well get as much as I can out of it :)

sydneysledd09
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:03 PM
Well I think one of the biggest reasons is I'm very shy! Its surprising I even married lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sydneysledd09
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:22 PM
Yea I kinda figured it would be painful but what about labor doesn't hurt ! Lol

Quoting Sexyfox09:

FYI having your membranes broke is painful

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)