Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm mom to a 13 yr. old and just found out I'm expecting!

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:16 PM
  • 25 Replies

I just found out a couple of weeks of go that I am pregnant! :) I'm very excited and a little nervous all at the same time. It has been so long since I was last pregnant.....13 years! I almost feel as if I've never been pregnant before....it just feels like so long ago.  I am so ready for this new journey...and really want to enjoy this pregnancy and motherhood all over again. Any thoughts or advice for a mom to be......the 2nd time around. Thanks. :)

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rach7
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:17 PM

congrats!

zestforlife
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:20 PM
Congratulations! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:21 PM

Congrats! With a 13 year old, you'll have a built in helper and baby spoiler. 8) YAY!

sparklebug86
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:26 PM

oh wow thats a big difference. My brother and I are 10 years apart, my sister and I are 10 years apart and there is a 20 year difference between her and my brother, needless to say, none of us are close at all. :(

Every year, new products are coming out and new research is being done so do lots of researching. This group is great for asking questions :)

CONGRATS!

shellie830
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:27 PM

Quoting mem82:

Congrats! With a 13 year old, you'll have a built in helper and baby spoiler. 8) YAY!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misskimi78
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:29 PM

In case you forgot, it hurts! lol. You're body isn't as young as it was so don't be surprised if you have new things going on this time around. Chances are labor will be shorter. Your body remembers how to do this. Use your 13 yr old to do anything you don't need to!

shellie830
Oh my DH has 4 brothers there is a difference of 17 yrs between the oldest and youngest and they are all very close..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcclellanlass
Whatever you do. Don't be like my in laws who think they know it all. Every year things change. What was safe or considered safe back then no longer is.

Research like a mad women. That's the best advice I can give.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
missy101377
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:31 PM

All of my kids are a little spaced out ...   16 , 9, 3 , and one on the way .   It is always a little scary , but you never forget how to be a mom : )  good luck to you . And yes a teen is a great live-in-helper .

MommyOK
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:33 PM

first congrats!!! econd...you'll do just fine.....it will be to your benefit having a 13 year old :) Just make sure the future older sibling understands that there will be changes soon but you still love him/her  no matter what....at 13 they understand what's going on ..but they re still children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)