Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

'turning baby' efforts today

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:16 PM
  • 14 Replies
Well, I am on the way to my chiropractor to have him adjust me (Webster). I am 33w3d today and this baby is still transverse, laying across my belly, instead of head down or breech. I know some people say there is still time for her to move, but my last two babies refused to turn from breech on their own. I had to get chiropractic treatment after 35 weeks for them to turn head down and stay down. It worked for both my babies within the same day of adjustment. So anyway, I am driving an hour and a half away and back at least once a week from here on out to get adjusted and maintain proper alignmet so baby will be comfy in the head-down position. Anything to avaid a c-section...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deciduousdream
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:22 PM
i'm 34w2d and my baby is breech too. i'm going for ultrasound on friday to confirm. i really hope he moves before then cause they wanna do an external version to get him to flip. have you ever had ecv? or do you only go to the chiro? and is it hard to find a chiro that knows the webster technique? i really don't want a c-section either! i hope he moves on his own!
mem82
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:23 PM

wow! Good luck!

sparklebug86
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:30 PM

fingers crossed

sparklebug86
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:32 PM

I have heard that the external version is pretty painful. I suggest that you try the chiropractor if you can.

Quoting deciduousdream:

i'm 34w2d and my baby is breech too. i'm going for ultrasound on friday to confirm. i really hope he moves before then cause they wanna do an external version to get him to flip. have you ever had ecv? or do you only go to the chiro? and is it hard to find a chiro that knows the webster technique? i really don't want a c-section either! i hope he moves on his own!

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
Rach7
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:36 PM

Good luck!

doublejay38
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:42 PM
I've never had an ECV. It was almost 6 yrs ago now that my dr told me my son was breech and he was gonna have to cut him out of me. I told him, "No the hell you're not!" And after exhausting all other options and baby turning methods suggested to me, I searched and found that the closest chiro who was trained wasn't quite so close. To be honest, there was nothing special he did out of the ordinary that hasn't been done to me before by other chiros. He said they just take a few hours worth of extra classes so they can get 'certified' to adjust pregnant women. But like I said, it was worth the drive to avoid a cut. And 3yrs ago, my daughter was breech at the end so I went back to that same chiro and got her turned. If I were you, I would get the phonebook out and call every nearby chiro in your area and ask who does the Webster Technique.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:00 PM

Turn baby turn!  I really hope it works for you!  It sounds like you had great luck with your previous babies with it.

doublejay38
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:21 PM
I read that the longer a baby lays transverse, the more the uterus shapes to accomodate that position and the harder it will be for baby to turn head-down. Not sure if that's true, but I didn't wanna take any chances.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:22 PM

It is a little early but you do what you feel is good.   
Best wishes!

Just as a woman’s heart knows,

How and when to pump,

Her lungs to inhale,

And her hand to pull back from fire,

So she knows when and how to give birth.

- Virginia Di

ICAN

doulala
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:24 PM

Because the ECV is risky, I would opt for this last (IF even at all).
There are several options (that tend to be more effective and safer) worth considering.

Good luck ladies!

Quoting sparklebug86:

I have heard that the external version is pretty painful. I suggest that you try the chiropractor if you can.

Quoting deciduousdream:

How about a little help-info-encouragement-support for Natural Birth?

Join us in the Natural Birth Group!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)