Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Gain!

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:37 PM
  • 4 Replies

so ive gained around 12 pounds and im 25 weeks. This whole weight gain thing is freaking me out! Is that normal for me to freaking out....im scared i wont be able to lose it after i have him. At first i wasnt gaining any weight...then like a pound then a 1/2 a pound....and i went to the dr monday and i gained like 10 pounds!! in just four weeks. The dr never says anything about it...so im assuming its normal. Im just scared i wont be able to lose it....how did everyone else feel about this?

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
C8Baxter
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:39 PM
I've gained 50...you're worried about 12? Baby weighs some, plus there's the placenta and a lot of fluid. Just eat healthy and walk if you can! You'll be fine! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:41 PM

You seem like you are right on target. I make myself feel better about weight I gain like this: for every treat I eat I have to equal it with something healthy. If I want a Little Debbie, I have to eat an apple, too. An extra pop, an extra glass of water, ect... It makes me feel better. 8)

lorijean1985
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:44 PM

I know ...im worried about these last 3 and half months....everyone has been telling me that you gain so much weight in your last few months.  I gave up all pop, and drinks except water and milk. I eat out a lot at restaurants....its just so convienent and good! When i have a snack its most likely healthy like an orange, banana or granola bar. but dinner time rolls around and i eat like a pig!

mem82
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:56 PM

If you're eating regularly and healthy then the weight really will just pour off of you in the postpartum. Start dinner with a small salad if you think that's where your gaining the most at. Just don't 'not' eat out of fear of weight gain. 8)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)