Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5 Week Ultrasound W/ PIC Worried :*(

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:14 PM
  • 33 Replies

I just got home from my ultrasound & you will not believe what I am about to tell you. I first got my blood drawn & then went in for the ultrasound.

She first does the regular ultrasound. For 10 minutes I layed there & couldn't see the screen the lady was just sitting there not speaking to me at all. What am I supposed to think? Tell me what you see or whats going on! So finally I said "Does everything look ok?" she says "Everything is just so small." I already had a bad vibe about her. She was like "I'll show you in a minute." So she shows me & says "This is your uterus & this is a sac of fluid which could potentially be a baby." Like really do you have to be so negative??? Let me add to that she asked me if I took home pregnancy tests & I said yes a bunch & my doctor gave me one the day before. So then she does the tranvaginal.  I said "Can you see better with that one?" She said "Alittle bit." So at the end there was a picture up which I posted on here. And I asked her if she could print the pic for me. She said "You want a picture of that?" Um thats my child yes I do! She replies with "I guess!" Really B*tch? My grandma & son were waiting on me I went out my Gram asked what was wrong. We left I started bawling my eyes out as I told my Gram. My Gram ends up calling & b*tching at here! Mind you my Gram is 82 lol. The lady told my Gram that she didnt mean to sound negative & she wanted to talk to me but I refused I was so upset! So does this pic look normal for 5 weeks 3 days? I'm so worried now!

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sgt.youngs.wife
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:15 PM

that is EXACTLY how mine looked .. 5 weeks and 6 days .. i was so scared, and went back 2 weeks later and saw that baby :) now im 21 weeks and can't keep her off my organs lol

mrssmitley1210
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:18 PM

Thats what mine looked like at 6 weeks. You wont be able to see the baby yet at that stage. She honestly should have started with transvaginal. My doc wont even do the belly one until the 20 week US. My first one was at 10 weeks and was transvaginal and so was the one I had at 6 weeks in the hospital. I had cramping and went to the hospital so they wanted to make sure the baby was ok

mem82
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:20 PM

Yep, that looks fine! 8) Sorry it was such a bad experience!

babyphatlady23
by Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:33 PM

Thanks ladies! That makes me feel alot better :)

Stephanie88B
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:35 PM

Honestly if your worried I would ask a doctor... your doctor.. cuz we can all say ours is the same or ours looked the same but none of us can determine if the baby is ok or not.... sorry.... A doctor can tell you their medical opinion tho... but I will def keep you in my prayer.

Momy2beAUG.2009
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:38 PM

I would say that looks normal nothing to worry about.  You shouldnt see a baby just yet anyways. what a hmm hmm. My ultrasound tech at 7 weeks when we went to check for viability I asked for a pic and she was like theres not much but I guess.  Thats my baby plain and simple even if it looks like a blob inside a blob.  I was really irritated with her.

ExpectingBean
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:38 PM
That looks perfectly fine. :) at 5 weeks there's really basically nothing to see.

Maybe ask your ob to have another u/s in 3 weeks. Then you'll see the sack and also the fetus attached. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calilove33
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:40 PM
That seems very early to do an ultrasound any way. I would call the doctor to make sure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sonogirl
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:41 PM
very normal. sac in a great place. Congrats
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyof0210
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:42 PM

sorry you had to deal with that people can be so negative its so stupid

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)