Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To call or not to call (am I in premature labor?)

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:40 PM
  • 6 Replies

OK, since yesterday I've had this weird, heavy, pressure-like feeling. Kinda like the baby is pressing down. I don't know if it's just that the baby is getting kinda heavy now and that's what I'm feeling or if the baby is pressing down to come out! I don't feel any contractions and I don't look like I dropped, but it feels like it. I get sharp pains in my pelvic area when ever he moves. I'm only 33 weeks though, and this isn't my first child, so isn't it too early for him to have dropped? Now I have a lower back ache and I don't know if it's labor or from doing to much laundry (I'm nesting like crazy right now. I can't stop cleaning!) Thing is, if I call my ob, they are going to make me go to the hospital to get checked out, and the hospital is an hour away, so I don't want to a) find a baby-sitter and b) drive all the way out there for just a false alarm. Maybe I should wait until tomorrow and see how I feel.

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
luvkids329
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:44 PM
I say its sounds like normal stuff,as long as u don't have spotting and contractions,babies probuly just getting bigger resting low
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sofia0587
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:46 PM
You know yesterday whenever I would stand still even after walking I would get a tightening in my back and I've been getting sharp pains in my pelvic bone on and off but I think that's the ligaments stretching out more. Id say if you're in doubt call your doctor and let them know ur symptoms.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sparklebug86
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:49 PM

it doesnt sound like Prelabor and considering your situation, I would personally wait until tomorrow unless things get worse tonight. Fortunately the ER is open 24 hrs :)

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:51 PM

It doesn't sound like labor to me. Try resting for a while and see how your back feels.

patsfan013
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:53 PM

It just sounds like you did a little too much and need to relax.  :-)  As long as you're not having contractions or spotting/bleeding, I wouldn't worry too much about PTL.

Starrynight1221
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 5:10 PM

Thanx everyone :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)