Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To shop or not to shop?...

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:26 PM
  • 18 Replies

When did you start shopping for your baby?

I'm 22 weeks and 2 days along pregnant with FOR SURE a boy, confirmed by 2 ultrasounds :)

I have this huge urge to start buying things like bottles, blankets, clothes, nothing huge yet lol.

When did you start buying things for baby??

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NoR_CaL_MoMmY
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:34 PM
At 16 weeks :) if you're having a baby shower try not to buy toooooo much ;) Maybe an outfit here and there
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyof2wa
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:35 PM
After finding out the sex of the baby....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sparklebug86
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:36 PM

I started as soon as I knew what it was.

trishasjunebug
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:41 PM

My mom is throwing me a shower so I'm very cautious on what I should do but I was thinking just little things here and there ya know? I got rid of ALL my son's baby items so I have to start fresh and I can't wait any longer I really want to go shopping!! Lol.

JazzysWifey
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:44 PM

Quoting sparklebug86:

I started as soon as I knew what it was.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:46 PM

When I knew what the gender was.

fancyjane
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:48 PM

I like to be done by 34 weeks. I like everything washed and in its place by that time. The later I wait, the more the stuff piles into one month's budget. It is easier for me to spread things out. However, this is baby #4, I'm 22 weeks 3 days, and I've done absolutely NOTHING yet. I'll be busy in a month!

One-n-Counting
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:49 PM

With my first I didn't buy anything until after I found out the gender! This time around I'm waiting to see what I get from my baby shower so we know what we need to buy. 

MegaMutant
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:51 PM

I can not agree more. At my shower we got almost nothing but clothes, and she's still working her way through those four months later. It's really, really hard, but I would wait until after the shower (if you're having one) unless you see something you absolutely have to have.

Quoting NoR_CaL_MoMmY:

At 16 weeks :) if you're having a baby shower try not to buy toooooo much ;) Maybe an outfit here and there

kayla19216
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:20 PM
I was over excited when I knew I was pregnant so we strted before we knew with gender nuetral colors! I say shop shop shop! Idk about you but getting it bought and set up made me feel soooo soooo soooo soooo much bette like a weight was lifted off my shoulder!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)