Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I be Concerned??

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:44 PM
  • 8 Replies

My daughter will be 10months in 5days I cannot get her to really eat her baby food anymore she wants what I'm having and wants to be able to chew it not just swallow it,what can I do??

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
saralouise
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:46 PM

mush it up and give it to her lol if that's what YOU are comfortable with.

sarahbearamommy
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:48 PM
Try very soft finger foods... Like really diced/small soft cooked carrots or really overbooked peas that she can pick up but will mash up a lot in her mouth. Um.. Softened cooked apple diced very small.. Maybe overcooked pasta noodles that are tiny tiny and super duper soft almost mushy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
patsfan013
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:13 PM

I would give her what she wants, just make sure it's soft enough or the pieces are small enough that she won't choke. 

mem82
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:19 PM

My son was the same way. I would just mush it up for him. Now at 19 months he LOVES everything. He hasn't met a vegetable, meat, or fruit he doesn't like. LOL It's crazy!

Stinson90
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:28 PM

Thanks you guys! You've been a big help:)

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:13 PM

Well then she is ready for table food. Start giving her the same meals you have. Start off slowly and introduce more and more foods. Make sure they are cut up well and watch that she doesn't choke.

cristina0709
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:16 PM
My son was the same way. I basically just chopped my food upnreally small. Steam carrots and broccoli and they will get soft enough that you can just give the baby he whole thing and i will be soft enough to nibble on while making baby feel independent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babyphatlady23
by Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:17 PM

Maybe other foods that are too hard for her blend it up in a food processor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)