Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hey Ladies, questions on exercise.

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:46 PM
  • 8 Replies

Evening ladies :)

I'm April. New to cafe mom and expecting my second child. Although I've gone through this before, I never really exercised with my first child Nathan.

Thee question:

What types of exercise is recommended? Lunges? Jogging?

Which exercises shouldn't I do?

Thanks for reading if you did. Appreciate it happy

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
la_bella_vita
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:48 PM
I have done prenatal pilates.

The only no no I can think of right now is biking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Love138
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:50 PM

Biking, really? Wow, didn't knwo that one. Thanks.

doulala
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 2:22 AM

Lots of pregnant women do bike but it seems too risky for me~   lots of people get pretty hurt in falls & crashes..

But I love prenatal yoga and swimming classes.
You can usually continue the routine you were doing within reason and modifiying as-needed.

Trailerparkmom
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 3:07 AM

I stopped running to help myself get pregnant, and have continued to not run during the first trimester. It just felt like too much for my body and the baby.  Some women are able to run throughout pregnancy, and I say more power to them! But it's important, I think, to listen to your body and the baby. This is not the time to over do it.

I love going on long walks in the woods with my husband. Favorite exersise ever!

truealaskanmom
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 3:49 AM

It depends on how active you were prior to pregnancy if you are very then you can remain that way if not then not a good idea to all of the sudden become so

KristyKat
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 7:32 AM

Low impact- don't jog unless you have been jogging previously to a pregnancy.  Yoga, pilates, walking (wlak at home tapes are great in cold weather!)  I do Curves and walk  at home tapes, both I was doing pre-pregnancy.

Ohio.SAHMof2
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 7:36 AM

Quoting truealaskanmom:

It depends on how active you were prior to pregnancy if you are very then you can remain that way if not then not a good idea to all of the sudden become so

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kiwilime
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2011 at 7:37 AM

I used an eliptical alot while I was pregnant.  Like pp said you can continue doing what you were doing before you go pregnant but if you weren't really excercising before now is not the time to start doing alot. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)