Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4th Child- Tubes Tided or Merina?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:06 PM
  • 10 Replies
Should I get my tubes tided or get the IUD?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
C8Baxter
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:09 PM
Sort of something you need to decide. How permanent? How much you want to spend? Etc. No one can make that decision for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:10 PM

i wouldn't get anything permanent done. You never know, if you'll change your mind. 8)

blondie09
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:15 PM
I am having my third child in july and went back and forth for a while before deciding on mirena. If something happens to one of my kids (god forbid) I want the opportunity to get preg again to use cord blood or whatever. Of course that's not the only reason I would have another baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEKA21
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 9:34 AM

Thats something U need to decide if u want more kids or not. This is my 4th and im getting mirena only because we want 1 more.

chell.chell
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 9:36 AM

They have the new like ensure or something its like a permenante IUD. . 

Ohio.SAHMof2
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 9:36 AM
I would talk it over with your dh and see what's right for your family
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lovebugbaby
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 9:37 AM

Honestly, if your questioning it, I would go with Mirena. I think getting your tubes tied is like a 100% no doubt in your mind that you will NOT want another kid. And you seem undecided. I would suggest Mirena. If a few years from now you decide you don't, and you'd like them tied, you always could. Just a thought.

I don;t think I'll ever go with getting them tied. You never know what life is going to through your way.

chamelinmom
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2011 at 9:44 AM

personally even when dh and i think that we are done, i will get the IUD, there is a copper IUD thats 10 years as well and has no hormones. I dont think i could ever get my tubes tied because its too much trouble if we feel we want another one down the line to get it undone. i like the feeling if we really wanted another one, we wouldnt get surgery done, we can still have that choice, even though we really feel done

sparklebug86
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 9:52 AM

If you really dont want anymore children, I would get my tubes tied. The IUD can slip and you may have side effects from it such as heavy bleeding, cramping and fever.

Rach7
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 9:53 AM

Are you going to want more kids or not?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)