Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

excedrin migraine

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:42 PM
  • 7 Replies

So I am 6 almost 7 days PP.  I am EBF and this morning/afternoon I got a massive headache.  This is the first since giving birth.  I dont think that its a side effect of the epi since its been a few days now but I could be wrong.  I get migraines anyway before the pregnancy.  Does anyone know if I can take excedrin migraine while breast feeding?

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
JaimieLynn8
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:44 PM
Not sure....Would Tylenol help? :/ I know that's safe at least. Here's a bump mama hope you feel better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eeyorerdl
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:47 PM

I did...and my dd was/is fine!  It was the ONLY thing that would help my epi induced headaches...except I took the Excedrin Tension Headache, I'm sure it's generally the same, though.

babytugz
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:14 PM

i wold assume you can since they let me have it while pregnant

Hembymom
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:36 PM

I would say NO, don't take it... my reason for this is because Excedrin contains aspirin, and babies and children shouldn't have aspirin because it can cause them to develop reye's syndrome. I checked safefetus.com and it says that it is undetermined if it passes through breast milk...

Sorry momma!

Megan.Aber
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 2:00 AM
When there isn't enough research its basically up to the mother, you just need to watch for side effects in baby. Try taking tylenol first, extra water, cold towel to the head, make sure you're eating enough.and getting at least 3 straight hours of sleep at night. Fatigue can be a major cause of headahces.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melly726
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 6:32 AM
I wouldn't.. I think it contains aspirin which isn't allowed in pregnancy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jridgill
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 6:42 AM
I would only take Tylenol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)