Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

8 weeks and no heart beat

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:10 PM
  • 43 Replies

i went to doc yesterday and he told me i was 8 weeks but he didnt see a heartbeat is there a chance its there

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissLeanna
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:11 PM

could be.

I heard sometimes they dont start til later...so idk! but BUMP!

clintam
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:11 PM
Yes get a second or even third opinions
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
clintam
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:13 PM
They have a heat beat 25 days after conception before you even miss you period. But ultrasound machines and doctors make mistakes I would really get an other opinion good luck keep us posted

Quoting MissLeanna:

could be.

I heard sometimes they dont start til later...so idk! but BUMP!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vbostic
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:14 PM

well the doctor wanted to do a dnc but i couldnt go threw with it maybe when i go back on the 14 there will be one there do you think 

vbostic
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:16 PM

i am not giving up i have greaved over this for two days now and i will not give up until it passes on its own

jenny0709
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:17 PM

I had the samething happen to me. It is called a missed misscarrige( what i had) i was almost 12 weeks the baby only measured 8w 2days. They told me there was no heart beat i did not want to believe it for a second it was heart breaking beyond belief. I made then do another U/S and again no heart beat so i had to get a D&C (surgery) to get the baby out. My body was not recognizing that the baby was dead. 

I would make them give you another U/S just to make sure,If it means anything at all i know what it feels like and your not alone!

HOpe the best for you!

ambs86
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:18 PM
Sorry to hear hun. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
clintam
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:19 PM
Don't give up I wouldn't I would get at least 2 more ultrasound and blood work done because if you are misscarrying you hormone levels will drop so call and ask to have that done tomorrow and then get your levels checked again in 3 days if they go up then there is still a baby if it goes down then you are misscarrying.

Quoting vbostic:

well the doctor wanted to do a dnc but i couldnt go threw with it maybe when i go back on the 14 there will be one there do you think 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vbostic
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:21 PM

i have never been threw anything worse in my life i have a 4 year old thats the only thing keeping me going i cant get over this its the hardest thing ever do you have kids and how many miscarriages did you have

One-n-Counting
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:21 PM

IMO There is always a chance. Due dates can be wrong and it never hurts to wait a week or two to get a second opinion. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)