Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

urgent advice please? sorrry kinda long

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:24 PM
  • 27 Replies
So last week I got a cold. Went to doc and he told me it was a virus, but my asthma was acting up. So he sent me home with an inhaler. I felt better on monday. Not completely but better. Well tuesday I started coughing again bad. So I called to get an apt today. They can't see me till tomorrow evening. Now a few hours after that phone call a fever comes on all of a sudden 102.5 now, headache, and my chest feels yucky its hard to describe. Well I have used my inhaler, robitussin, and tylenol and cold packs. And nothing is helping! What else should or could I do? Oh and I am around 5 weeks pg. Please don't think I am being a baby, I want to very much to be healthy but its not happening!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
athenaheim
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:27 PM
If u are that worried or ur temp gets higher id go to the er. Ur high temp ain't good for either u or baby. Gl keep us posted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kisses4Henry
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:31 PM

I would go right to the ER.  You could always have the flu, and they could try to help you there.. even if it's just to keep your temp down.  The high temps early pregnancy are scary.  Please go in if you can!

ambs86
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:36 PM
I was gonna try to make it to tomorrow but I am not sure I can. I am home alone with my two kids. My dh usually gets home around 2 in the morning. So I think I might go in when he gets home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 1:24 AM

Wow, good luck!
Sorry to hear you're having a rough time!!

Let us know how it goes.

ambs86
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2011 at 3:53 AM
Update I have influenza even though I had the flu shot! My kids didn't get the shot and they do not have the flu!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melly726
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 6:25 AM
Hope you feel better!! Stay hydrated!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
athenaheim
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 6:28 AM
The last time I got the shot I got a bad case of the flu. That's y I won't ever get it again. Get to feeling better.

Quoting ambs86:

Update I have influenza even though I had the flu shot! My kids didn't get the shot and they do not have the flu!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pregoalone
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 6:36 AM
I knew right what it was when I read ur post I'm sorry and hope u feel better soon I'm just getting over it. Symptoms come out of nowhere. I'm glad u caught it early I waited 24 hours from when I got it and got phenmonia to. Get well soon

Quoting ambs86:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jridgill
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 6:40 AM

Quoting melly726:

Hope you feel better!! Stay hydrated!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambs86
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2011 at 8:45 AM
I waited 10 days! Well I went to the doc after about the 5th day and he told me it was a virus. Now I am on round the clock breathing treaments as well as 3 other kinds of meds!

Quoting pregoalone:

I knew right what it was when I read ur post I'm sorry and hope u feel better soon I'm just getting over it. Symptoms come out of nowhere. I'm glad u caught it early I waited 24 hours from when I got it and got phenmonia to. Get well soon

Quoting ambs86:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)