Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Inner thigh pain!!! I can barely walk!

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2011 at 3:47 PM
  • 8 Replies

I am having really horrible pains in my inner thighs (mostly right side) and my left hip. My inner thighs feel really bruised.  I can barely walk without any pain.  It is driving me crazy! I sit at a computer for work and normally have to get up and stretch, but walking hurts too.  I asked my doctor the other day and he said the baby must be in an awkward position or on a nerve. Has anyone experienced this pain and know how to relieve some of it?  I still have 3 months to go, and if this gets worse, I will be a mess!  I heard it could be your pelvic bone seperating .... Can anything be done to help that?

by on Mar. 25, 2011 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Mar. 25, 2011 at 4:23 PM

You could look into getting a maternity support belt to help with the pressure.  Or, maybe go on your hands and knees and let your belly hang to allow the baby to move in a better position (rock your hips to encourage a new place).  Hope it gets better for you!

ash50
by on Mar. 25, 2011 at 4:29 PM

when I had that pain my doctor told me to get on my hands and knees and rock my hips. It helped a lot. I also found that a soak in a warm bath helped

dolphingoddess
by on Mar. 25, 2011 at 4:37 PM

I have the same pain, only its in my left leg from my butt to my thigh.  I had the same problem with my first pregnancy..I didnt have it with my 2nd (i got pregnant within a year after) but 6 1/2 years later im pregnant with my 3rd and im going through it again...heating pads seem to help me and stretching out or going for a walk, although it makes me waddle.

doulala
by Emerald Member on Mar. 25, 2011 at 5:14 PM

You might replace your work chair with a yoga ball.
Visit the chiropractor regularly.
Do prenatal yoga & swimming.

Good luck!

Luvbmr2
by on Mar. 25, 2011 at 6:01 PM

I oficially can't walk normal anymore. I only know how to waddle! :)  This is my third and my last was 5 years ago and I had sciatica at the end of my pregnancy with her,  This one seems to be getting worse and I still have 3 months to go!

Quoting dolphingoddess:

I have the same pain, only its in my left leg from my butt to my thigh.  I had the same problem with my first pregnancy..I didnt have it with my 2nd (i got pregnant within a year after) but 6 1/2 years later im pregnant with my 3rd and im going through it again...heating pads seem to help me and stretching out or going for a walk, although it makes me waddle.

melly726
by on Mar. 25, 2011 at 8:12 PM
I would try warm baths and a chiropractor
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dolphingoddess
by on Mar. 26, 2011 at 1:40 AM

This is also my 3rd and the last time I had a baby was 6 years ago.  I had sciatic problems with the 2nd pregnancy and not the first.  Im in for the long haul since I am only 17wks right now lol

Myunbornlove
by on Mar. 26, 2011 at 1:51 AM
This is my third and I had a baby 2 years ago..My doctor gave me pain meds and told me to rest as much as possible... I'm 33 weeks..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured