Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

where to buy....

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:18 AM
  • 13 Replies

well i have a wedding to attend in may and another in june... im currently 21 weeks pregnant.. both weddings are "semi-formal" but there are no stores in town that carry maternity clothing, let alone maternity dresses! i think there is one store which sells new and used and im going to check them out tomorrow if im feeling better, but does anyone have any suggestions on places to look?? i have no clue what size i would be, and i dont want to spend a lot of money, although i will be wearing the dress twice,but that will be it... i dont even know what to wear to a wedding let alone a "semi-formal" wedding.... and being pregnant!! any suggestions would be great! 

also any suggestions on some dressy, but comfy shoes? 

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blondie09
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:34 AM
Old navy has some cute maternity dresses, but I usually have to buy a size smaller than what I wore pre pregnancy because old navy maternity seems to run big.

Kohls also has some cute maternity dresses out right now, and they are pretty true to size (your pre preg size should fit in kohls brand maternity)...

As for shoes,I like ballet flats.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucasmommy503
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:49 AM
i would go with ballet flats for shoes we bought my niece some at walmart with little stones on top for like ten dollars and as for clothes old navy and yes i learned the hard way go down a size they do run big. my mom went to stores like ross and marshalls and got some of my clothes like dresses and such and bought a size larger then what i word pre preg and they were priced very reasonable i think my dress for my shower was around 8 dollars and it is a very pretty sun dress that can be dressed up or down.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JazzysWifey
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:49 AM

old navy, kohls, target, sears, macys, motherhood

i second the ballet flats

i am going shopping tomorrow (i'm 29w) for a wedding on saturday.... i wish us both luck!

kmencl3210
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:50 AM

Quoting blondie09:

Old navy has some cute maternity dresses, but I usually have to buy a size smaller than what I wore pre pregnancy because old navy maternity seems to run big.

Kohls also has some cute maternity dresses out right now, and they are pretty true to size (your pre preg size should fit in kohls brand maternity)...

As for shoes,I like ballet flats.

i noticed old navy maternity does run big.. i got all my maternity clothes from them (online since the nearest stores dont have maternity sections) and theyre all really big but i just made those work since theyre everyday... i didnt notice any dresses other than like daily wear dresses ill have to look since i usually only look at their maternity thats on sale... i didnt know kohls had maternity clothes ill check them out thanks :) 

my mom said flats too but the last pair i got like cut into the back of my ankle after wearing em for 20 minutes and they had NO support what so ever, like i could bend them in half and stuff haha 

Kwald2508
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:50 AM

I agree with pp, Kohls is great for maternity stuff. Motherhood Maternity you could buy online and they have a sizing chart on their website that helps a lot. I used it and it was pretty true to what they said.

shedswife
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:53 AM
You can always buy a pretty cotton/spandex mixed material regular dress and use it. Then get use out of it again after baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmencl3210
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:58 AM

Quoting shedswife:

You can always buy a pretty cotton/spandex mixed material regular dress and use it. Then get use out of it again after baby.

i honestly HATE dresses so only wear them when i have no choice, and i wont have any other semi-formal events to attend for a long time afterward...

shedswife
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:59 AM
Have you checked craigslist for your area?

Quoting kmencl3210:

Quoting shedswife:

i honestly HATE dresses so only wear them when i have no choice, and i wont have any other semi-formal events to attend for a long time afterward...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmencl3210
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:00 AM

Quoting Kwald2508:

I agree with pp, Kohls is great for maternity stuff. Motherhood Maternity you could buy online and they have a sizing chart on their website that helps a lot. I used it and it was pretty true to what they said.

i had gone to the motherhood maternity store when i went to the mall a few wks ago... i refuse to go back in the store there... the sales lady gave me a "tour" of the store (the store was very tiny and i told her i was just browsing around and wasnt looking to buy and if i did i wasnt buying any pants... she had me follow her around pointing out everything in the store and followed me around the store so i left haha 

kmencl3210
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:03 AM

Quoting shedswife:

Have you checked craigslist for your area?

Quoting kmencl3210:

Quoting shedswife:

i browsed through there the other day looking for clothes for the my son and i didnt notice any maternity stuff... plus the closest listing place is an hour away, same distance as the mall and any of the big stores... i feel like i live in the middle of no where! lol 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)