Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever had a "false alarm"?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:23 AM
  • 19 Replies

and gone to the hospital only to find out it wasnt the real thing (labor)?

pojnv5d94c15w97.png picture by marcileigh88

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
myrandabrown13
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:40 AM
yes i was so disapointed. For me the 1st time i had the flu and the 2nd i was dehydrated both times contractions were 2-5 mins apart!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shedswife
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:50 AM
Yes, not with this pregnancy though or with my last. With my second child I stayed in l&d. I wait it out most times now. I prefer to labor at home any how.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jcsmummy
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:53 AM
Never had one. I've never felt bh contractions either. I'm weird.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ash50
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:53 AM

I havent ever had one

Tybaby07
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:57 AM

This morning actually! Ugh, so disappointed too.

I was woken up this morning at about 6-6:30ish with a really painful contraction. Didn't think anything of it, layed in bed and started having them regularly. 7 mins apart, 1 min or so long, and steadily getting worse for about 5 hours or so. Decided I should probably get cleaned up to go to the hospital (had been up and moving around all morning with no change, they just kept coming). Got in the shower had one contraction and got out to...nothing. Haven't had one since. Really got my hopes up too! Good thing I didn't go in though, that would've just made it worse!

screaming

I just want this little boy out!!!

princessamber
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:09 AM
Yes but they had to stop my contractons they were 3-5mins apart with my last one they tried to stop them but only slowed them down and sent me home I was back the next day I do believe
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
One-n-Counting
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:01 AM

Nope 

mommyuphold
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:38 AM

With my first and second. This time I have decided if I am not in a ton of pain or bleeding then we should all be fine.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
chamelinmom
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:58 AM

yes, actually i have a funny story about that. I was horrable the one evening when i was pregnant with my son. They monitered me and said nothing was happening, i was like thats bs. I couldnt believe them. they said it wasnt steady enough. I told them im in labor, there is no doubt in my mind about it. they released me. I told them ill see them the next morning(it was 11p mind you). they looked at me rolled their eyes and laughed. Went home took the meds they gave me to sleep. woke up at 5am really couldnt sleep anymore, they were comming worse and worse. Guess what "im back", i told them. They gave me the look like your kidding me right. They strapped me in and their attitude changed like a wait a min, this may be the real deal. dr checked me, i was 5cm dialated. I had him at 1pm that afternoon. didnt get into the hospital until 8am though either. They were all dumbfounded

babynumberfive
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:47 AM

No! This is my 6th pregnancy,and  fifth birth. It amazes me how out of tune women can be with their bodies. CM is full of stories of women going to l&d to just find out it's false labor. My motto is....if I THINK I'm in labor, I'm not.....if I KNOW I'm in labor, I am. It's worked for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)