Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else can't sleep? :(

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:57 AM
  • 11 Replies
I'm 38w6d and am having the WORST case of insomnia. It takes me forever to fall asleep, usually 30-60 mins, and it's rare to be tired before 2am! I'm up by 8 at the latest most mornings with DS. sometimes I'll nap when he does, sometimes I don't. But it never fails! :(

Like take last night/today, for instance. I went to bed with hubby a little late last night, about 2am. We turned jazz music on low, talked, it was very soothing. He fell asleep and I tried. I could get comfortable for about 10-15 mins, would start to size off, then something would wake me up and I'd have to turn to my other side. That went in til almost 4am!
I got up, moved to the couch, still couldn't fall asleep. Moved to the recliner, turned on the heating pad low, and eventually dozed off. Woke up at 5 something, went to bed, then was back up at 8am.
I was actually pretty energized today, didn't take a nap. Around 6pm I dozed off for about 10 mins then was wide awake again, which I wanted, I didn't want to nap so late. Had dinner, put ds to bed, watched tv with hubby then around 10 my eyes started drooping! Yay! Fell asleep til almost 11:30 then had to move to bed because I couldn't get comfortable on the couch. Laid in bed WIDE AWAKE for over an hour, til just now :(
What the hell is going on?!?! :( I've ALWAYS been able to fall asleep right away...and went to bed by 10pm!
Anyone else deal with this? How do you cope? I know unisom is safe for morning sickness, I'm considering it for now because I'm so afraid I won't be able to function! :/

At this point I am WELCOMING a newborn lol. I don't care about the broken sleep, I just want to feel TIRED at night! :(

Sorry so long lol had to let it out!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zestforlife
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:15 AM
I read to make my eyes tired whether It's the internet or a book 9 times out of 10 I fall asleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SC.2011
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:17 AM
I can't sleep either but for different reasons Lmao :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caramellove1974
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:17 AM
I'm so pissed off that's why I can't sleep my SO hasn't called me since early yesterday afternoon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillyj1114
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:20 AM
I haven't slept but about 6 hours in the last 72 hours. I feel like walking dead and no matter how tired I am I still can't sleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambs86
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:24 AM
I can't either. I have only had like two hours of sleep! And my nose is all congested! Ugh its going to be a long day!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
butterdaisy
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:55 AM
I have terrible insomnia. I'm 19wks tomorrow and feel like I'll just drop b4 the end. Ordering a Cozy Comfort pregnancy pillow and from the reviews it looks to be a winner!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angela.bouchard
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:14 AM

sorry hun :( i hope you get some rest soon

Ohio.SAHMof2
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:01 AM
When I was that far along I was the same way. I would spend hours reading and trying to get comfortable. Even with a body pillow it was nearly impossive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
olivejuicebby
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:10 AM

I feel ya mama!!

Gabbysmom715
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:16 AM
i know what u mean
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)