Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hospital bag

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:18 AM
  • 5 Replies
this is my first baby so i dont know what to pack for the hospital or how much of what or even when to pack i will 35 weeks tuesday. dh will be staying with me the whole time except for when i want something or when he needs fresh air. is their a time difference with having a boy vs a girl because i am having a little boy. thanks mamas
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
summerbear
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:22 AM

I know you will gets lots of posts, but the most important thing, IF you have one, is an extra copy or two of your birth plan. Just because you gave one to your OB, doesn't mean it isn't in the office somewhere instead of you file there at the hospital. That way the nurses know your wishes before your OB gets there and that should tip the scale a little in your favor. Not sure about the time difference, both labors for my girls have gone very fast... I do not know what I am having this time around...

misskimi78
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:24 AM

I don't think sex of the baby has anything to do with length or labor. Make sure you take your own comfy night clothes to sleep in, super stretch panties for the ride home. Bring extra socks and your own slippers or house shoes for sure. Bring some breast pads even if you don't nurse. You want to bring your own maxi pads or maybe even incontinence pads because your flow will be super heavy and the ones they give you there have no "walls" or anything to catch the stuff that comes out. Amount of diapers is up to you. If you don't mind using the hospital diapers, then only bring a few. U really don't need but the going home outfit for baby because they will come in and poke and prod your baby so often that they will leave him either just wrapped in a blanket or with only a tshirt.

CatalinaAndrea
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:24 AM

This help me loads. 
I had the same kind of post :) 

Hospital Bags. - CafeMom

lucasmommy503
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:32 AM
THANKS LADIES. but when asking about difference in boy and girl i ment as in the stay after baby before we get to come home? im sorry i should have clarified that better and again thanks ladies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:12 AM

Usuall they keep you for the same time frame boy versus girl.  Looks like the other mommas were able to help you out with the hospital bag.  Good luck!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)