Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PLEASE HELP I THINK MY BOYFRIEND OF 4YRS. HAS COLD FEET...NEED ADVICE!!!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:32 AM
  • 17 Replies

PLEASE HELP...MY BOYFRIEND/BESTFRIEND THAT I'VE LIVED W/& BEEN TOGETHER W/FOR A LITTLE OVER 4YRS THIS LAST FEB 14 (yes i know awwww its valentines day, great for him kills 2 birds w/1 stone, hehe)

ANYWHO IM 6WKS PREGOS, HE ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT WANT A CHILD RIGHT NOW. WHAT SO EVER! HE'S 31 & IM 29...IM READY, HES NOT...THIS HAS TO BE NORMAL RIGHT?! HE SAYS FOR ME TO TAKE THE ABORTION PILL AND FOR US TO WAIT A FEW MORE YRS.

I WAS ON BIRTH CONTROL BUT WAS OFF FOR ONLY A MONTH, AND BOOM BABY ON BOARD...

IM SOOOOOO SCARED...JUST LOST IN WHAT TO DO...I DO NOT WANT TO END OUR CHILDS LIFE, WE'RE IN LOVE, GREAT COUPLE, WERE NOT THAT YOUNG..

PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE A.S.A.P

THANK YOU EVER SO KINDLY!

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doulala
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:37 AM

All over throughout Life (including romantic relationships, too), there are hurdles and bumps in the road.   Sounds like he might step back and see what he expects from this relationship (in the Big Picture).    If he sees a long term relationship & family with you, if he sees working through the good and the bad as a team, etc., then it's time to start thinking along these lines now~
Might not be "ideal" according to what he'd been thinking, but Life will be unpredictable and this is what he's been dealt.    

Good luck!

Lorraina32
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:01 AM

awww sweety i am here if you need to talk hugs hugs

mswaz
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:55 AM
Your body your choice. I'm the kinda woman that would not waste 4 years with someone who was unable to commit to a marriage and especially didn't want "our" baby... He needs to grow up and you need to make the choice if he is really worth it especially when recommending an abortion
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jridgill
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:31 AM
Hugs- sounds like you two need to sit down and really talk about some things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ArmyWifeAshlie
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:32 AM
This

Quoting mswaz:

Your body your choice. I'm the kinda woman that would not waste 4 years with someone who was unable to commit to a marriage and especially didn't want "our" baby... He needs to grow up and you need to make the choice if he is really worth it especially when recommending an abortion
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
butlerro1013
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:45 AM

This is one of those defining moments.  A lot of people have unexpected pregnancies, but if he is absolutely unwilling to compromise or consider having a baby with you, then that may be a telling sign for the future.  Of course, he could just be having a freak out moment, which we're all entitled to, but he needs to do some serious soul-searching and decide what he ultimately wants our of your relationship.  If he forces you to get an abortion, effectively forcing you to chose the baby or him, then I don't know how you could move on from something like that.  Good luck, and let us know what happens!

marriedmomma3
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:49 AM
It's normal give him some time. He will come around. You only just found out recently. Just tell him how its gonna be and they usually start coming around in a couple of months
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lacyleanne
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:06 AM

When I got pregnant with my son, me and my boyfriend had been together for over 2 years. He did not want a baby and told me he would hate me if I did not get an abortion. We fought all the time because I was pregnant, like bad fighting. Then I had my son and my boyfriend told me he regrets ever asking me to do that (got teary eyed and everything) and he loves his son more than anything. He is now my husband :)

Bethbeth
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:15 AM

Sounds like the classic case of "why should he buy the cow if he's getting the milk for free?"

I don't think you should kill your baby. Leave the guy if you need to, but don't hurt the baby.

Motherof4_2008
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:58 AM
AMEN!!!!!

Quoting mswaz:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)