Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my pet peeve; people who live nasty and think they dont!!! errrr

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:34 AM
  • 18 Replies

Ok this is one of my biggest peeves, people who live nasty and just dont c a problem with it. my mom says its how they were raised ....idk. all i know is its nasty and annoying. its just so gross how some people just dont care. laziness is what im guessing. but i hate walking into someone's bathroom and there b a nasty toilet, floor and everything else. hair all over. and the term "nasty and all over" has different levels for everyone i guess. well if there is any its nasty to me. and my toilet is always sparkling or at least scrubbed every other day along with the sink. 

Its the same for people's kitchen, i hate seeing people's dishes piled and the floor unswept and counters and all that gross. i mean do u seriously have to wait till every dish in the kitchen is dirty then wash a dish as u need it!?! 

pure laziness. 

anyways this comes from not just a lot of people i know, but in specific, my husbands family.

b4 he met me he lived with her and his lil sister who is 17.

we lived there together a short while , while we looked for our apt.

i couldnt believe it. all that i listed above , happened. total nastiness. and when they said they cleaned all day, i could go over it and c all what was left, nastiness.

never did i c her sweep or mop. she didnt know how to clean , there fore her daughter didnt either bc she wasnt taught bc her mother is nasty as well. 

anyways, now me and my hubby live in our own apt. and he still has her old habits. and me being preg and hormonal, its driving me nuts!!! then we he tells me he cleaned his mess up i go look and i end up cleaning it. 

im sorry but im a very clean person, my house is still not spotless, but clean. its def not perfect.

but when laziness comes into peoples houses it becomes a mess.

i was raised by a mother who made me clean over and over again till it sparkled. if i got one dirty dish in the drainer, i had to clean every dish in the house. and quite frankly i might have hated her at the time for it, but now omg im so thankful!!

that my mother taught me that well. 

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Becky.Mom.of.2
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:54 AM

Well, you'd think I was nasty then. I've been working all weekend, am in my 8th month of pregnancy and spent most of Friday at the doctor's office. My husband worked 50 hours this week so he wasn't home to help.

MeehlingMommi23
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:58 AM

thats very different, im talking about when people do have the time and health. 

Quoting Becky.Mom.of.2:

Well, you'd think I was nasty then. I've been working all weekend, am in my 8th month of pregnancy and spent most of Friday at the doctor's office. My husband worked 50 hours this week so he wasn't home to help.

MeehlingMommi23
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:02 AM

i was on bed rest with my first preg. and omg i couldnt clean the way i wanted it done lol. but some family kinda helped otherwise it had to b done when i was able. but i didnt let it get too bad. plus i was exhausted from taking care of a newborn afterwards, it was hard. but im talking about people that r just lazy, not people that r too busy or never home, or on bed rest or something. u know what i mean?

Quoting Becky.Mom.of.2:

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:40 AM

My husbands family literally has no idea how to clean or what is acceptable. When we started dating their kitchen counter was literally 2 feet high with dishes, garbage, and the groceries on the top. At one point I made him clean it with me and mice were all over in it. Over the last 7 years that we have been together they have gotten a lot better for whatever reason. But the bathroom is never cleaned. There is poop and dried urine all over the toilets. I think someone threw up on the wall in front of the toilet and it was never cleaned. The dog would pee on my father in laws chair and he just always put a towel over it and left it there. We were in the back yard and I almost stepped in dog poop so my mil picked it up with her hand and just threw it in the bushes. Then went back to what she was doing.

I literally had to teach my husband personal hygiene. His Dad told him he only needed deoderant if he started to stink. His Mom thinks showers are unneeded and since he has been a swimmer all his life he was taught that was enough to get him clean. She almost never showers. It is really sad to see how they live. But I know it is because of how they were raised. They were homeless at times. Had 6 kids sleeping on a piece of plywood for a bed. Things like that. It was just not something either of my in laws parents taught them.

steffiecox
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:57 AM

you'd hate to see my BIL and his gf's place. i refuse to go over there because there's open bags of trash everywhere. moldy food always on the table. you can't see the floor its so bad. its disgusting!! and the girl's car is just as bad. i don't see how anyone can live like that. i love a clean house too.

i lived with my grandma and she does the white glove test and if its not as clean the way she wants it to be everything has to be cleaned all over again. so i know where you're coming from.

daydreamer86
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:48 AM
I grew up like that and I'm a clean freak now!! I know someone who has kids and all and their house needs to be tore down imo it's that bad
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:26 AM

I'm not going to lie. I wash clothes all week just about. But the floors and bathrooms only get done once a week. Dishes sit in one of our two sinks or in the dishwasher until there's enough for a full load. We got dust and I shed hair like it's kool so that's on the floors all the time.

jridgill
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:29 AM
Clutter is my pet peeve :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommytobe2290
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:35 AM

see, i personally don't see how them being raised that way is really an excuse. personally, i was raised with a path going through each room, and dishes only being done once a week or so, and only then if they were practically half way up to the ceiling. if ANYONE would have seen the condition of the house, my brother and i would have gotten taken away so fast it would have made heads spin. but even with all that, i am a hard core clean freak. if it's not white glove testable, it does get done again. and s/o was raised in a spotless house (like ours is now lol) and he doesn't clean at all! he drives me crazy with some of the things he does. 

stacy2607
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:37 AM
I agree..i hate nasty houses too..i wash my dishes after every meal..sweep my kitchen floor everyday..wash my counters everyday..i wash my bathroom sink everyday..i wass my toilet everyday have to since I have a husband and 8 kids..with 4 that are potty trained boys and you know how their aim is..lol..and I vacuum all rooms at least once a day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)