Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT Traveling??

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:41 AM
  • 6 Replies

How soon after the baby is born would you travel as in a 12 hour car ride?

Im only asking because Im due in July. My BF grandmother is going to be 95 in July and her health isnt doing so well. She is still sharp mental, but phyicially she is having problems getting around and such. We live in Texas and she lives in New Mexico. That is a 12 hour car ride for us. I spoke to her on the phone the other day and she wants us to come out after the baby is born so she can meet the baby. We would not drive straight thru for reasons that its a long drive as it is. We would stop when the baby needs feedings and to streght. I have 2 other kids also that would need to do the same. We would also be stoping 6 hours into the trip and staying at a motel for the night also.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Forget-me-not
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:43 AM
I'd go
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stefanie1117
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:47 AM

id say if you feel like going then go...

olivejuicebby
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:48 AM

Quoting Stefanie1117:

id say if you feel like going then go...

Photobucket

momof2kiddos79
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:51 AM

Let me add that I was thinking about going in June. Around the middle to end of June. But Im scared that I would go into labor. Im due around July 9th. And great grandma wants to see the baby so waiting til after. Just didnt know how soon after.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:55 AM

I would say as long as the birth goes well with no complications, I would go.  You can always takes breaks and stops along the way.  Babies are so easy when they are first born...they sleep a lot.

momof2kiddos79
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:56 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)