Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

? about contractions

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:20 PM
  • 9 Replies

ill be 37weeks on wednesday and right now im sitting at work experiencing some tummy tightening and lower menstral cramp feeling. The tightening started last night but only about 2-3 times per hour right now its 5-6 times per hour and there is pain along with it. It almost feels like my tummy is bruised all across it im not sure if this is what a real contraction is supposed to feel like or not. can someone help me out please dont want to bother the doc. unless i have more reason to believe its the real deal.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MommyKelleyX3
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:23 PM

Sounds like a contraction to me.  You arent going to bother the doctor, though.  Thats what they are there for!  Maybe try to take it easy, drink lots of water, walk around if you can.  See if they stop.  if they keep going for awhile longer, maybe go ahead into L&D just in case! 

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:24 PM

My guess it is your body "practicing."  It can do this more frequently as one gets closer and closer to the end.  I would just keep an eye if they develop a pattern or start coming more frequently.

mommyof4gurlz
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:27 PM
Its a contraction but probably braxton hicks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heather28311
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:27 PM

ALright thanks! Its my first pregnancy and i know everyone is different so what my sister says contractions felt like to her may be different than what im expeirencing but i figure maybe another mom on here would have expeirenced the contractions the way i am.

abra
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:53 PM

I usually wait until the contractions are too painful to talk during before heading in. Good luck, mama!!

lisakansas
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:38 PM

Those are contractions, but they're nowhere near close enough for you to call the doctor--I mean, of course you can call the doctor!  But til they're about 5 mins apart, that's what the doctor will tell you to wait for.  :)  GL!!!!

nofi1389
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:52 PM

time the time between them mamma

doulala
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:09 PM

Sounds like your body is doing normal stuff.   Just practicing & preparing.

:-)

Best wishes!

olivejuicebby
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:13 PM

Quoting meam4444:

My guess it is your body "practicing."  It can do this more frequently as one gets closer and closer to the end.  I would just keep an eye if they develop a pattern or start coming more frequently.

Photobucket

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)