Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it entirely possible?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:31 PM
  • 21 Replies
Is it entirely possible to go into labor or be in labor and NOT feel anything at all? No contractions no pain nothing?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jridgill
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:40 PM
I've always felt lots :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hrivera5
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:45 PM

Well, probably not the same...but for weeks I always told my midwife that I have never had braxton hicks or warm up contractions before labor hit me....and at one appointment she felt my belly and said "um...you are having contractions right now"  LOL...and then when I actually FELT a contraction, she was born an hour and a half later.  So, I have braxton hicks I guess and don't feel them...I never knew that

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:46 PM

Anything is possible. My Aunt has had all her baby within 20mins from when she felt her first contraction.

misskimi78
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:46 PM

Uh, I dont think so, but you never know.

blg5484
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:47 PM

i went in at 32 weeks with DD i wasnt feeling her move and the nurse kept asking me if i was feeling that she told me i  was having contractions the whole time i was being monitored i never felt it they were BH tho

SrkStrickland
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:48 PM

Sure is! Happened with me with my first baby. I was in the hospital for dehydration and they put the monitor on and sure enough I was having contractions and not feeling them. Especially if it's your first and you don't know what it feels like. Also, some women only feel their contractions in there back :) So of course it will just feel like back pain and not contractions

summerbear
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:48 PM

That happened to me with my first!! If it wasn't for me tearing high and thinking I was peeing myself ALL day, I would not have gone to get checked! I got there and I was 6 cm dialated! The nurse asked me (after I was hooked up) Did you feel that? I was all, What?? No one touched me, WTF am I supposed to feel? She told me I had a very strong contraction and even showed it to me on the monitor. I just laughed.

mommyof4gurlz
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:50 PM
I woke up to a strong contraction so er I went I was 7 cm I only felt ONE contraction
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyKelleyX3
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:50 PM

I doubt it.

BiPolarMomto3
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:51 PM
I mean its been 8yrs since I have gone into labor on my own..My last 2 were induced. I was just wondering if its possible for me to be in labor without feeling it....I have back pain but no more than usual...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)