Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ultrasound in the morning..Prayers Please(PIOG)

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:53 PM
  • 11 Replies

Back in December I had my dating ultrasound which put me due August 8th and at the scan I was 9 weeks. This was also dead on with my last period and when I *thought* I had ovulated. When I went back on March 15th for my anatomy scan I should have been 19 weeks and 1 day. Well when the tech started measuring the head for size she got 3 different sizes, one was 17 weeks 1 day, 17 weeks 3 days and the largest at 18 weeks 1 day. So she was measuring anywhere from 1 week behind to 2 weeks behind. So the tech confirmed gender *GIRL* and said I would have to come back in two weeks to do the anatomy scan since she was so small still. Now I know that babys grow at different rates in the womb but can she really be 2 whole weeks behind? The dr talked about moving my due date back by 9 days which would be fine with me except Im having a scheduled c section. Also, I know that there is no way Im due August 17th instead of the 8th. Is there any cause for concern with the baby being so far behind. I have lost 7 pounds so far in this pregnancy but wasnt tiny to begin with. But I do eat plenty and take my vitamins. Sorry for the rambling Im just so nervous that shes gonna be small or behind in some way.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:01 PM

I know ultrasounds can be off.  I guess I would wait to see what the next ultrasound brings, as the tech measured a whole week off in just her own measurements during it.  I will say a prayer for you.  I am sure if you want to make sure baby is okay prior to a c-section, one can have an amnio done to ensure proper lung development and such.  All the best to you.  ((hugs))

Destiny1403
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:07 PM

Dont worry about it. Drs and everyone else put way too much weight on Ultrasounds when "sizing" a baby. From what I have read, the most accurate is the early ultrasound. All babies grow differently

SarahHasAnEvan
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:15 PM

You could have ovulated later and the baby may have taken longer to implant. That would put you off by up to two weeks fairly easily. The strange thing is that those early ultrasounds (the one you got at apx 9 weeks) are the most accurate for dating a pregnancy. 

I doubt it has anything to do with your eating, baby will always take what it needs and your body is the one that will end up doing without. Some weight loss early on (espcially if you are a bit overweight to begin with) is very normal. 

tinkerbe1187
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:18 PM

Im not sure but here is a bump and a prayer that everything is ok.

olivejuicebby
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:33 PM

Quoting SarahHasAnEvan:

You could have ovulated later and the baby may have taken longer to implant. That would put you off by up to two weeks fairly easily. The strange thing is that those early ultrasounds (the one you got at apx 9 weeks) are the most accurate for dating a pregnancy. 

I doubt it has anything to do with your eating, baby will always take what it needs and your body is the one that will end up doing without. Some weight loss early on (espcially if you are a bit overweight to begin with) is very normal. 

Photobucket

GaBrIeLlEsMaMa
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:52 PM
Im going through kinda the same thing! Last AF was January 20th, I tested February 22nd, got a positive, which would make me like almost 10 weeks now. I got an ultrasound about 2 weeks ago and they sayd I was only 5 weeks 6 days, when I should have been 8 weeks! So if they are right it means I found out I was prego about 7 days after conception..I have to wait to see the DR but its bugging me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Karasfirst
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:05 PM

Quoting GaBrIeLlEsMaMa:

Im going through kinda the same thing! Last AF was January 20th, I tested February 22nd, got a positive, which would make me like almost 10 weeks now. I got an ultrasound about 2 weeks ago and they sayd I was only 5 weeks 6 days, when I should have been 8 weeks! So if they are right it means I found out I was prego about 7 days after conception..I have to wait to see the DR but its bugging me

Yeah I usd opks so I know I ovulated no later then the 19th and I tested on November 29th and got my positive so I was 10 dpo then. My period should of started the 2nd of December so I was still 4 days from my period. But If I were two weeks behind were I was i dont see how I would have gotten my positive test on the 29th.

JazzysWifey
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:08 PM

the early ultrasounds are supposed to be the most accurate. i would not stress over it right now. she is growing and that's what counts =)

evansmommy03
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:42 PM

prayingI hope everything is ok!

Karasfirst
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:22 PM

Thanks for all the replies. I hate being a nervous mommy, but I never went through anything like this with my son. We will see what the tech says tomorrow. Im not sure if Im seeing the same one or a different one. I dont get to see my dr until the middle of April but Im sure he will call if theres an issue since the techs cant tell me anything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)