Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many pregnancy tests did you take?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:36 PM
  • 30 Replies

Before it really sank in for you that yes, you were pregnant?

Photobucket

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
olivejuicebby
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:37 PM

Just one with DS and Three with this baby

Meghan1987
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:37 PM
Four
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xLeeAnnex
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:38 PM

i took 7 and they all said negative so i went to the doctor and it was positive.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:41 PM

With my first three pregnancies, I only had to take one.  But, with this pregnancy, I took like five.  I even had to go buy a digital to read "Pregnant."

blondie09
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:41 PM
I always take a lot...

DS1 - 4 (I was 16 and in denial)
DS2 - 3 (I was on the NUVA RING)
DD (this baby) - 8. I had just come off bc and had tested 8 days before my period was due, so I took one every day for 4 days, then the other 4 every other day. I was afraid it was a chemical, I wanted to make sure the line got darker.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmencl3210
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:42 PM

1st pregnancy- i took one and it sunk in immediately but i wanted to be positive about it so took another than the dad told his dad (even though we'd agreed NOT to tell anyone yet) and we went out to dinner with him (which happened a lot) and before i was allowed to eat he made me take another to be 100% sure so over dinner we could discuss it....

this pregnancy (2nd) i took one and got on video chat with dh who's in iraq, he wnated me to double check and take another so i took a second one a few days later, than made the doctors appointment... but it clicked on the first test with this one too... although i still dont "feel" pregnant and im 21 weeks 

evansmommy03
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:49 PM

just 1

WaitingOnPeanut
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:51 PM

Two. :)

CafeMom Tickers
sgt.youngs.wife
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:52 PM

just one lol we had been trying since he came home from Iraq.. i BARELY peed on it at like 9pm at night and it was positive within like 5 seconds lol

Mantidae
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:52 PM

I took 2.  The first showed a very faint line.  I took a digital the next day.  The military required me to take a blood test, but I didn't do that until weeks later. 

And even then, I don't think it really sank in until the 1st ultrasound.

I'm a tree-hugging, breastfeeding, non-circing, vaxing, co-sleeping/bed-sharing, ethical eating, semi-vegetarian, home-birthing, Pagan, Unitarian Universalist, pro-choice, cloth diapering, Scorpio, feminist, half-Canadian, animal activist mommy to one clever little girl (8), the cutest baby boy ever born, two mischevious rescue mutts (fixed), and an attention starved rescue kitty (also fixed).  Married to my own personal MacGyver.

Marine. Lawyer. Mommy. Wife.  I have an opinion on everything.
My Blog:
Cheap Wine and Cookies

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)