Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Foods you LOVED before pregnancy that you hate now...

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:18 PM
  • 25 Replies

Before pregnancy I LOVED Subway, I always got the spicy italian and would eat a whole foot long because it was just so darn good..

Now that I've been pregnant I've had the sub one time and I couldn't even eat more than 2 bites...it made me want to puke, the smell, the taste, everything. Now when I hear of Subway I think about that sub and gag lol.

What foods did you LOVE before pregnancy that you just cannot stomach now?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovin_mommie84
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:21 PM

salsa!! cant even SMELL the stuff without running to the potty.. and my man LOVES it too.. lol.. we used to eat it almost every night together.. now when he eats it, he has to sit on the other couch and clean out his own bowl! lol

btw, they say that lunchmeats arent really the best when you're preggo.. ive eaten a couple of sanwhiches but make sure the meat is FRESH or toast the sandwhich.. maybe your issue is that you're eating something that might not be the best for the baby.. not trying to judge, but sometimes your body makes you feel sick or crave something because its not good or it needs it.. listen to your body.. and good luck! :-)

zestforlife
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:23 PM
chocolate...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trishasjunebug
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:23 PM

I ALWAYS got my sub toasted I couldn't eat it cold, plus I loved when the bread was crispy and the cheese was all melted :) It was just pepperoni and salami on it with cheese, lettuce, ranch, and various veggies but I always had it toasted. I LOVED that sandwich lol.

Logansmommy4904
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:24 PM

Ranch Dressing, I used to eat it on EVERYTHING! now just to look at it makes me want to hurl. I've gone toward mustard this time. =)

vgmz22
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:25 PM

Grilled Chicken I LOVED it before I was pregnant now I can't even smell it.

Mommy2Be10211
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:29 PM

Hotdogs. I craved one a few weeks ago and totally gagged while trying to eat it. I can't even look at them without gagging. btw, spicy italian is my favorite sub too!!!

RebeccaWoodin
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:34 PM

For the whole first trimester... EVERYTHING! lol. I lived on crackers.  Now I am finally in the second trimester... I can't really eat sweets without feeling bleh... which is odd, because before my diet was about 75% sugar!  I also LOVED bacon. and now, just the thought... *shudders*  

Oh and the BIG THING?! Dairy makes me sick.  So NO milk (pretty much ALL I drank!) or cheese or anything that has milk in it.  It sucks.  And I am scared to try it now that I am in my 2nd trimester cuz I don't enjoy being sick. Lol.

Did this happen to anyone else??

lovin_mommie84
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:47 PM

are you still in your first trimester? because most moms cant stand meat in their first trimester..

Quoting vgmz22:

Grilled Chicken I LOVED it before I was pregnant now I can't even smell it.

lovin_mommie84
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:48 PM

aww.. well im sorry you cant eat your favorite thing anymore.. :-(

Quoting trishasjunebug:

I ALWAYS got my sub toasted I couldn't eat it cold, plus I loved when the bread was crispy and the cheese was all melted :) It was just pepperoni and salami on it with cheese, lettuce, ranch, and various veggies but I always had it toasted. I LOVED that sandwich lol.

xLeeAnnex
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:48 PM

i LOVED taco bell but now the smell makes me sick : / lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)