Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does it sound like shes trying to walk?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:56 PM
  • 8 Replies

DD pulls herself up on everything but she has also started walking around her crib but, shes not taking small "safe" steps but reaches waaaay across the crib and taking a big step! Yesterday she was holding on to the coffee table and let go with one hand and turned towards the couch behind her. It looked like she was going to take a step but, decided against it and turned back around. She likes to walk if we walk behind her and hold her two hands. My son started standing at 6 months but didnt walk until 15 months.

What was your experience?

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
JaimieLynn8
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:02 PM
Sounds like she's close!!!

My ds would walk along walls, tables, anything he could hold onto for MONTHS. He didn't start walking til 14 months though. He did what you described, and we just started holding out our hands for him to come to us, but about a step away do he'd have to let go and take a step to come to us.
Took some practice but soon enough he realized he could do it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
Sounds like she's almost there!! That is so exciting!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jridgill
Won't be long!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrzbarnes09
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:04 PM

Sounds like shes getting ready to tke off, my girls both started walking at 10months.

Mommynwife26
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:05 PM
Sounds like it. My DD would do that then one day shed stop holding on and balance standing she did that for a few week than one day she took a few steps towards me for her doll I had. The next day she did a few more everyday she took a few more. then a week later on her bday she just stopped crawling and walked every where
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sparklebug86
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:08 PM

Thanks everyone! She wants down all the time, hates being held now. If I let go of her hands, she can stand for a few seconds by herself. I kinda hope she is an early walker, she gets so dirty on the floor and then she could keep up with her brother

olivejuicebby
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:12 PM

Getting there!!

evansmommy03
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:54 PM

Sounds like she is getting closer to walking, that is the same way my son was before he took his first steps.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)