Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hypnobirthing? What Say You?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:05 PM
  • 24 Replies

I am just now starting to practice Hypnobirthing.  I've been listening to the Rainbow CD for the last few days.  I really like it.  Funny enough, every time I listen to it (from the very first time), I fall 'asleep'.  While reading the book, they said you're not actually asleep, but in a self-hypnotic state.  I noticed that when someone would talk to me, while in this state, I heard them clearly, and was able to communicate back without losing concentration.  I think this is great.  I have even been practicing in my living room with all 6 of my monkeys running around and DH practicing the guitar.  LOL! 

What I'm wondering is if there is anyone here that has successfully used Hypnobirthing?  What were your experiences?  How much did you practice (CD's and reading the book)?  I don't have the ability to take the classes (even though I'd love to), so that's not an option for me. 

I "tried" Hypnobirthing last time, but didn't practice at all, so I didn't do well.  Being 21 weeks today, I decided I'd better get practicing now.  :)  I'm really happy with what I'm experiencing, and hope all works well.  :)

Welcoming our 6th baby, 3rd home birth and 1st unassisted birth on 2-10-10.

Excited about...

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ash50
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:08 PM

BUMP!

metalhealthmom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:09 PM

i don't think i could get in the right mindset for it to actually happen for me. 

melly726
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:12 PM
I ordered the book and CD to try to do it this time. Can't wait to try it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kcangel63
by Freebirther on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:14 PM

Quoting melly726:

Just make sure to practice like it says.  I didn't with my last, and tried to half ass it through.  That didn't work real well for me.  I'm going all out this time.  I KNOW I can do it and make it a Hypnobirth.  :)

Excited about...

mrsfitz05
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:14 PM

Ok...I just have to say, when I saw the birthdate of your last baby, I was reading it as 2-10-11...I was like how the crap are your 21 weeks pregnant again?? Holy cow! Apparently this baby is eating my brain. :-)

melly726
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:16 PM
Thanks! I will make sure I do! I went into my last labor thinking I didn't need any coping mechanism... I was wrong lol

Quoting kcangel63:

Quoting melly726:

Just make sure to practice like it says.  I didn't with my last, and tried to half ass it through.  That didn't work real well for me.  I'm going all out this time.  I KNOW I can do it and make it a Hypnobirth.  :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
patsfan013
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:18 PM

I bought the Hypnobirthing book and CD, but then got the Hypnobabies self-study course and am doing that instead.  But like you, every time I listen I feel like I'm falling asleep, but then I "wake up" a few minutes after the session is over. 

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:21 PM

Quoting patsfan013:

I bought the Hypnobirthing book and CD, but then got the Hypnobabies self-study course and am doing that instead.  But like you, every time I listen I feel like I'm falling asleep, but then I "wake up" a few minutes after the session is over. 

That's what happened the first time I did it.  I "woke up" feeling refreshed.  I wanted to try it again, so knowing I was completely awake, I tried it again, and "feel asleep" in the same spot.  LOL!  I've never been able to make it conscious through the entire thing.

Excited about...

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:22 PM

Quoting mrsfitz05:

Ok...I just have to say, when I saw the birthdate of your last baby, I was reading it as 2-10-11...I was like how the crap are your 21 weeks pregnant again?? Holy cow! Apparently this baby is eating my brain. :-)

LOL!  That would be interesting!

Excited about...

patsfan013
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:23 PM

Quoting kcangel63:

Quoting patsfan013:

That's what happened the first time I did it.  I "woke up" feeling refreshed.  I wanted to try it again, so knowing I was completely awake, I tried it again, and "feel asleep" in the same spot.  LOL!  I've never been able to make it conscious through the entire thing.

LOL!  Me neither!  I'm going to have to find some time during the day (I usually do them at night before bed) to listen to them all so I at least feel like I know what I'm doing.  :-)  I am enjoying it, though. 

Laura twin boysjigsaw ribbon

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)