Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Glucose Test at 18 weeks???

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:17 PM
  • 21 Replies

So I went in for some regular blood work today and they had me do the 1 hour glucose test.  First of all, I don't remember ever having to do this test so early with any of my other 3 pregnancies.  With them I did it around 26-28 weeks or so, and as of now I'm only 18.  Has anyone else done it this early?  Also, from what I remember I thought we were supposed to fast prior to this test, and I mentioned that I didn't and they said it was fine.  I'm so confused!  

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christina.1980
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:19 PM

I did mine at 9 weeks due to previous GD with the other two.....It's better to get it caught early.

ash50
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:20 PM

Ive never heard it done that early unless you've had gd with other pregnancies. oh I didnt have to fast with my test either :)

rbailey2414
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:21 PM
I never fasted before but I took mine at 13 weeks and again at 28 weeks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Motherof4_2008
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:24 PM

With my first 2 pregnancies I had 2 one hr glucose test. I had one around 12 weeks and then another around 28 weeks. Not sure why I had 2 but  never hurts to double check it,

desertwannab
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:27 PM

Well thanks for the responses, I guess it's not as weird as I thought.  It was just sprung on me and usually I was given a warning.  I have a new doctor this pregnancy so I thought maybe she was coo-coo =)

sgt.youngs.wife
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:28 PM

i did mine at 27 weeks with my DS and im scheduled for 27 weeks with this one as well.

summerbear
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:29 PM

Last year when I was pregnant I just hat the later one... this time, I had to go at 18 weeks as well. After they got the results, she was all, this was just the early one, you know you have to do the regular one later. WTF????

evansmommy03
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:31 PM

I never had one that early and I never have had to fast for a glucose test.

mom2ellasophia
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:36 PM

If you have to do it early its because there is something in your blood or urine indicating that you have gd. good luck!

desertwannab
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:41 PM

oh geez, i hope thats not the case with me!  once is fine enough for me!   lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)