Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Doppler

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:42 PM
  • 7 Replies

So I found someone selling a doppler in craigslist for $35 I think I am going to buy it, with all that has been going on with me and how many medications I am taking and him not moving a whole lot yet ( that I can feel) I always worry something is wrong. I think this will bring me piece of mind. I don't my husband will say no it's a waste so I need you girls to justify it for me haha! here is the link to it so you can see the picture!

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/bab/2278978932.html

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Tamaralynn30
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:46 PM
That was the only thing my dh put his foot down on lol. Baby is now active every day now and I'm no longer paranoid. Hehe.

He's been reading up on overuse of ultrasound an dopplers and how they arent good for babies - so I didn't mind. I was just antsy until I felt little Brett kick daily.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jridgill
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:30 PM
You can get a new Doppler off amazon for $40.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoR_CaL_MoMmY
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:45 PM
I used one with my son and this baby up until I felt movement daily. I'd only use it every few days for peace of mind. I worry like crazy and it was so nice to have. It's definitey worth the money!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
metalhealthmom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:45 PM

oh i know what i want for my bday!

Quoting jridgill:

You can get a new Doppler off amazon for $40.

~**Em**~
I'm married to the love of my life and we have an awesome little boy.AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
NoR_CaL_MoMmY
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:47 PM
I think if it's only used every couple days for a minute tops it can't be that bad. My son turned out fine ;) And lots of women who are high risk or having twins get big ultrasounds done at every appointment which let's off a lot more then a Doppler and the doctors aren't worried. And the babies turn out fine. I think stressing too much would be worse on baby.

Quoting Tamaralynn30:

That was the only thing my dh put his foot down on lol. Baby is now active every day now and I'm no longer paranoid. Hehe.

He's been reading up on overuse of ultrasound an dopplers and how they arent good for babies - so I didn't mind. I was just antsy until I felt little Brett kick daily.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:09 PM

You might like to get a fetoscope to avoid unnecessary exposure.
Doppler is terribly loud.
:-(

doulala
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:11 PM

Yes, but it's not the only option, good to consider alternatives.  
:-)
And although babies probably turn out fine with exposure, it's not very pleasant for them.

Quoting NoR_CaL_MoMmY:

I think if it's only used every couple days for a minute tops it can't be that bad. My son turned out fine ;) And lots of women who are high risk or having twins get big ultrasounds done at every appointment which let's off a lot more then a Doppler and the doctors aren't worried. And the babies turn out fine. I think stressing too much would be worse on baby.
Quoting Tamaralynn30:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)