Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do?medical insurance prob....

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:15 PM
  • 21 Replies

Ok So I got layed off my job so I had State medical I also get child support trogh the state witch reqires me to do a "work Program" all the ones they have you must be able to life 40 pounds (haha) Well I am With child So I cant do that I even got the a docters not saying that I cant do that....So what did they do? Cut me off the medical insurance saying that I did not comply and now I only get $200 a moth in child support My docters office chages a $100 diposit I can afford that and I called around but no one else will see me cause I am 33 weeks and High risk. So this is my 3ed baby I no what to do and what not to do but can I get into troble for not having enough prenatle care?P.S I have a job in place after I have the baby So I will be ok then

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ambs86
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:19 PM
I would reapply for the medical insurance. You can appeal their descion if you have to and you will win. As long as you lost your job out of your control and have a doctors note, they can't do much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SexyMomma06
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:23 PM

Get a note from your doctor stating that you are high risk and cannot lift the required fourty pounds and see if they will give you your insurance back.

Teenmommy19
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:25 PM

I got the medical after I lost my job and i did reapply and filed and appeal but there are so many that they might not have my appeal until after she is born.

ambs86
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:27 PM
I would call them every day hun. And if she is born they will have to back pay ur medical care. Also try personally talking to ur doc and she if she can help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NinaLemon
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:28 PM

You could try calling your local hospitals and see if they do prenatal care and delivery on a sliding scale for those without insurance.

pregnancy

Ohio.SAHMof2
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:30 PM

Quoting SexyMomma06:

Get a note from your doctor stating that you are high risk and cannot lift the required fourty pounds and see if they will give you your insurance back.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
24Mom2Be
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:36 PM

unemployment

.Sugaree.
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:40 PM
Why are you high risk? You could UP until your insurance works out. You can't get in trouble for doing so.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Teenmommy19
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:58 PM

The 1st claim I filled with unemployment was denied and I filled my 2ed claim today I am high risk because both of my kids where born early and they did not find a cause.

marriedmomma3
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:06 PM
This... in the mean time get care at a clinic in ur local hospital

Quoting ambs86:

I would reapply for the medical insurance. You can appeal their descion if you have to and you will win. As long as you lost your job out of your control and have a doctors note, they can't do much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)