Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

breastfeeding question for experienced mommas

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:16 PM
  • 14 Replies

About the breastfeeding... I have a question if you don't mind...
have you found that you leaked between feedings? did you use cloth or disposable nursing pads? and if you use either, how many did you go through in a day?- I would like to use cloth pads since it will get hot down here and I am trying to figure out how much to get :)

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
YzmaRocks
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:19 PM
I leaked in the beginning. After a couple of months I no longer leaked. I have used both disposable and cloth breastpads, only disposable with my first child. I didn't leak as much for my second - it was like my breasts 'remembered' and I hardly leaked. With my first I went through a serious amount of nursing pads! It was crazy! If this is your first I would invest in several cloth pads, just in case.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:21 PM

I usually only leaked when my boob got squished. Like if I leaned into the crib and one side of my boob got pushed on. Then I would spray through my shirt. I actually used lilypadz to prevent leaking.

http://www.simplylily.com/

TTC2Long
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:26 PM
I only leaked the first 2 or 3 months. I got cloth pads at Target (online) and they worked really well! They also have ones made by Nuk that work well. They just don't feel as nice on, but they're about half the price. If you're able to spend a little more, check out etsy.com or hyenacart.com for handmade ones. I like to buy from work a home moms (WHAM) whenever possible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NinaLemon
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:29 PM

I only leaked in the very beginning, I used disposable pads with the lanolin in the pad - I rec'd 2 boxes at my shower and never finished the second box.

pregnancy

Avetay
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:30 PM
I leaked for maybe 2-3 months no used both. I used cloth at home and spoises
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Avetay
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:31 PM
When I went out

Quoting Avetay:

I leaked for maybe 2-3 months no used both. I used cloth at home and spoises
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
editorialmom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:44 PM
I leaked a lot with both kids, especially When I was nursing on one side the other side would gush like crazy. I like the disposable lansinoh pads or medela. I always soaked thru the cloth ones although They do feel nicer. After several months I would only leak when I was nursing the other side. So I would just slip one in then.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Megan.Aber
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:16 PM
I prefered the disposables just vause they are bigger and u can't see then thru the bra and has more coverage saves the hassel of washing always making sure u had clean ones. I leaked a lot and the lansinoh disposables were a life saver :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jridgill
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:17 PM
After two kids I have never leaked!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momy2beAUG.2009
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:56 PM

I leaked constantly for the first 6 months. I used maybe 2 disposable ones a day per boob. But I had to be careful cause any pressure and out came the milk.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)