Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Scared!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:52 PM
  • 24 Replies
Ok so I tested positive and had a doctor confirm the begining of march. I am having to use government insurance cuz my work dosnt offer it and I have to go to our local heath dept till my claim is approved and that can take up to 45 days ( I'll b in my second trimester). They don't send you for u/s or dopplers or anything till your 18 weeks! I'm 7 weeks and 3 days. I'm just so worried that even though the tests came back positive...that there is no heartbeat or something like that cause I havnt been able to hear or see my baby. Anyone not been able to know anything till your second trimester. I'm starting to freak myself out!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyof4gurlz
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:53 PM
I didn't no anything til 6 months with my first
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ash50
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:54 PM

BUMP!

athenaheim
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:55 PM
Can't the health dept do a heart doppler check
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ttc_w_pcos
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:56 PM
They told me they don't till ur at least 16 weeks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyA05
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:59 PM

I'm sure you could go to the health department and see a doctor but you might have to pay a small amount of money but you would have to show your pay check tubs, you should call and see what they say about that?

MamaBurmie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:00 PM

I didn't see a doctor until 12 weeks, but I understand why you are scared!

MommyA05
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:01 PM

I was seven weeks

Quoting MamaBurmie:

I didn't see a doctor until 12 weeks, but I understand why you are scared!

bchic24
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:01 PM

I heard his heart when I was 8 weeks but I'm high risk so that wasn't enough for me. I didn't get to hear or see him again until I was 22 weeks. Then it was another 6 weeks after that before I finally got a doctor to check me out. Don't worry, lots of us freaked about that kind of thing.

BabyMommaPelt
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:04 PM

I got to see my baby at 6 weeks and 6 days!! If you use the insurance i use which is through the government, it is called medicaid I think you have to go through what is called steps ahead and they set you up for an ultrasound if you tell them you want to make sure everything is okay

ttc_w_pcos
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:14 PM
Yes I'm applying for medicaid. But I have to wait till everything goes through to see my real ob. I have pcos so I have a possibility to be high risk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)