Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Another attempt

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2007 at 9:53 PM
  • 2 Replies
I was pregnancy recently but lost the baby.  I had a D&C in early March.  How long should I actually wait before we try again?  I've heard different things regarding this.  I've also heard that my fertiliy has increased because I just had a D&C.  Any ideas?
by on Apr. 20, 2007 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
gacgbaker
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2007 at 11:57 PM
Studies have shown, that after a miscarriage you can get pregnant easily, or you are more fertile.... I think that is because your body is already doing the things it does when you are pregnant.  You can get pregnant now, and most likely everything will be fine, however you have been through so much stress, emotionally and physically and it is best that you give your body a little break and let it heal.  I would say ATLEAST 3 months, but do talk to your doctor and see what they recommend.
liltymesmom
by on Apr. 21, 2007 at 5:11 PM
Hi hun, first off, I am very sorry you had to go through a miscarriage and D&C. I had one last October. My dr. told me to wait until I had 2 normal periods before trying again. It took 7 weeks before finally getting my first period and my cycles were longer than they were before. The first month of being able to try...BAM! We got pregnant and all is well. Some dr.'s recommend 1 mo. to 1 yr. depending on your situation and health. I'd double check with him before making any plans. Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured