Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

possible bad sign...???

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2007 at 9:57 PM
  • 8 Replies
Ok so I am about 6 months pregnant, due august 7th. I have been having fairly steady contractions off and on for the last couple of weeks..some days are worse for others...This is my 3rd pregnancy but I am still confused..Do I need to alert my dr about this on Tuesday when I go in or should I do something sooner than that??
by on Apr. 20, 2007 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
skyelerr
by on Apr. 20, 2007 at 10:00 PM
Call your Doctor if you are feeling like there is something wrong.Hope all will be well.skyelerr
armymom2007
by on Apr. 20, 2007 at 10:04 PM
I've wondered if they are but they get pretty intense sometimes... I started into labor pretty early with my middle child and she was born kinda early...I haven't even been in to see my new dr for the first time..We just changed military stations and have been here less than 2 weeks.
Jeepgirl02
by on Apr. 20, 2007 at 10:08 PM
My opinion, since they have been going on for a couple of weeks now just moniter them through the weekend. If they get worse then go to the ER. But defently see your dr on Tuesday and let him/her know what is going on. Hope everything works out for you!!!
KrazyGothGirl
by on Apr. 20, 2007 at 10:12 PM

Quoting ladyrain1967:

could they be braxton hicksSmile

It is a very good possibility that they could be braxon hicks but it couldn't hurt to call your doc.  That's what they're there for :)
gacgbaker
by on Apr. 21, 2007 at 12:02 AM
When in doubt, even a little... call the doctor.  Better to be safe then sorry about this kind of thing.
cskomk0106
by on Apr. 21, 2007 at 12:07 AM
I'm not part of this group, but I had my son last August 10.  I started having Braxton Hicks contractions at about 6 months, as well, especially when the weather started to warm up.  You might just be having more stress on your body than you realize.  I would definitely call the doctor, just to make sure it's not something they'd have to treat.  There are drugs they can give you which won't hurt the baby that will stop the contractions.  It was my first pregnancy, so they let me go without the medicine, with the instructions that if they got worse or had any leaking or whatnot to call immediately.  Even on a Saturday, they will still page the doctor and have them call you to find out exactly what is going on.  They may have you go into the maternity unit at the hospital for a monitor, just to make sure the baby is okay.  It sounds like BH to me, but you definitely should call the doctor.  Hope I was able to help!
Sarahem
by on Apr. 21, 2007 at 12:10 AM

Quoting KrazyGothGirl:

Quoting ladyrain1967:

could they be braxton hicksSmile

It is a very good possibility that they could be braxon hicks but it couldn't hurt to call your doc.  That's what they're there for :)

Try drinking more water.  I had braxton hicks all the time with my daughter and they were so strong I would lose circulation in my right leg.  No on told me that they get worse if you are slightly dehydrated.  Once I finally read about it, and started drinking more fluids they were a lot less frequent.
newmom03
by on Apr. 21, 2007 at 12:35 AM
i am due august 7 th too and i havent had any kind of contractions. this is my first baby.... so im not really sure. i hope everything works out for u
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)