Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stiiiiiill pregnant!

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:15 AM
  • 20 Replies

Yep! Totally didn't think I'd make it this far!
I'm 41 weeks 1 day...I was due on the 5th.

I updated a previous post but here's the good stuff.

Had my membranes stripped on Friday, it sucked, went home and was crampy for a few hours, had lots of BH, then it all went away. Saturday, nothing. Sunday was the day we were HOPING he could come...and didn't. However, I did start losing my mucus plug on Sunday! Still am losing bits of it.
Had a Dr's appointment Monday morning, and as I expected, asked me about induction. He asked if I'd like to do it tomorrow (Tuesday) or if I wanted to wait it out, I could go in on Friday. So I chose Friday!

Being induced was definitely NOT something I wanted, but at this point I am more than ready. And I'm afraid to keep him in there TOO long. But I figure 41w3d is pretty good! ;) I was 2 cm dilated (which I assumed I would be a little if I lost my plug) and baby is still pretty high.
We've done lots of walking, sex, and spicy food lol but obviously he's pretty happy in there!

So our induction is scheduled for 5am Friday morning.
I'm a little nervous, so any advice/tips/what to expect/stories, etc. are very welcome!

We are excited to FINALLY meet this little guy! :) :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:18 AM

And have to mention that I'm thankful my Dr even gave me an option about inducing! Everyone I hear from, have said their doctors wouldn't let them go past a certain point (like 41 weeks for example) or would start to push it even before their due date. I love him!
Just hoping to avoid a c-section.

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:59 AM

I lost my plug for a week and was 2 cm at 1 check then 3 and the next and 4 when i went in to have DD but she came at 38 weeks on her own. I did have pitocin with DD in the lowest dose because my contractions were getting irregular it was not bad for me but i did not have pain meds and i got up and moved as much as i wanted to I am not sure how a pitocin induction works but my body was working on getting her out so i dont know if that made a differance for mine not being bad (my total labor was 13 hours but i didnt go to the hospital till i was 5 hours in and i had her 2 hours after my water was broke.

GL and just go with your gut

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:42 AM

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:38 AM

I still think it would be cool if you went into labor on your own and had your baby tomorrow, same day as me :) LOL!

In the event that doesn't happen, good luck with your induction and i'll look forward to reading all about it and seeing pics of your little man!

by Emerald Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:59 AM

I have never had an induction before, but wishing you all the best momma!  ((hugs))

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:03 AM

Good luck! Everything will be fine! 

I was induced with my daughter in December via pitocin. I was in labor for 10 hours and pushed for 1 1/2 hours. But everything went great. The delivery was great! No problems! Only needed a few stitches :) Oh and this was a VBAC induction :)

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:17 AM

I have been induced 3 times and all were different experiences! One thing that I found helpful was meditation during contractions and having a great support system!

Mine luckily have not ever ended in a C-section which I am very thankful for! Just go into it all prepared and do research on what to expect and you will do great! I would think since you are already dialted to 2cm that it will be a good experience!

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:29 AM

I was induced at the hospital at almost 40 weeks. I went in at 6 am. They broke my water and put me on pitocin. I labored all day, with no pain meds, until 8 at night when the baby went into distress and it was determined that my birth canal was too narrow to support having any children naturally. My c-sec was horrible, because I had a reaction to the medication and couldn't be numbed from the waist down. Then they switched to knocking me out completly. That didn't work until a nurse laid two fingers on my throat. I managed to count to two before the lights went out to to speak. For me, my first delivery was a horrible experience that seemed to get much, much worse before it got better. I doubt that will happen to you, as I'm sure your doc's know if you have a huge tollerance to medication. But thats the dirt about what can go wrong.  *as a side note, the baby was born just fine with no complications and we were both released from the hospital on the fourth day after delivery. Just keep the faith and feel it out for yourself. Everything will work out. :)

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:32 AM

I'm betting you'll go into labor tomorrow.  I was 41w3d when I finally went into labor with my son, 1 day before my schedule induction lol.  Here's hoping for you!! :)

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:26 PM

How are you feeling now?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)