Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

An introduction and my first appointment. :) (Pictures)

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:07 AM
  • 3 Replies

HI!  My name is Ginny.  I am 26, and this will be my 5th baby, 7th pregnancy.  I had a miscarriage last September, and a D & C October 1st.  My doctor told me it would be highly unlikely for me to not only get pregnant again so soon, but also make it past the 6 week mark (where things started going down hill with my last pregnancy).  

I am happy to say, he was wrong on both counts.  This is what I found out at my appointment:

Last week I had an appointment on Friday with the doctor I thought would take care of me during this pregnancy.  However, after waisting time and gas to get there, I was informed otherwise. I am moderately high risk, and that hospital and clinic do not take high risk patients.

I found another doctor and scheduled an appointment for 2:15 yesterday afternoon.  When I went in I did not know if I would be accepted, nor did I know if this was even a high risk hospital.

As it turns out, everything about this hospital is set up to cater to and care for high risk patients.  They have a first-rate NICU (And I should know, as my oldest son spent his first week of life on that floor).

Anyway, my appointment:  My doctor is incredibly strict (which I like), and compassionate.  He gave me the impression that he truly does care what happens to me and my baby.  

So far, this pregnancy is going smooth.  I had my first ultrasound today, as well.  My baby is measuring 7 weeks and 6 days, just as we hoped.  His/her heart rate was 178.46 bpm, and my due date is November 23rd!

I have lab tests every other day this week to make sure my levels are appropriate. I also have another ultrasound scheduled in 3 weeks, and another appointment in 4.

Here are the first pictures of my baby:

And here's a less-than-pleasant one of me at 6 weeks:

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
SexyMomma06
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:27 AM
Congrats! Hope everything goes great for you!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyKelleyX3
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:36 AM

Congrats, and welcome!

chamelinmom
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:41 AM

congrats and good luck mama...drs arent always right, your proof

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)